WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

What will the Grand 100 Year Rolex Be?

927 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  timefinder 
#1 ·
As you know Rolex is celebrating 100 years. I think we'd all agree they'll hopefully do something grand for the event. But the question is, on what watch? I don't think it'll be across the board - so which watch do you think they'll do a 100 year anniversary edition on, if they do?

As much as I'd love to see one of the sport lines get this honor, I really have to believe it'll be the Day Date - the 'king crown' of the Rolex lines. It possibly could be a Date Just, but I don't think so. I also think whatever they do it'll be an all gold or platinum model - not for us 'mer mortals'... :wink: :mellow:

So what do you all think? IF Rolex does a grand model to celebrate, which one do you think they'll pick?

#3 ·
I'm with ya Scott. But I'm thinking of a Day/Date II or Datejust II. I speculate that it'll be 38mm or 40mm and NOT 36mm. And maybe it will have some cool dials or even a new bracelet style (this is easy for Rolex). Of course, Rolex will still make the classic 36mm models. They don't want to alienate their current fans and maybe the larger size will just be a trend that will fade. This way they cover their bases, make some people happy, and have something new/special.

#4 ·
I'd be ecstatic to see a 40mm, or even 38mm DJ II. Well, I'd be happy to see a DJ or DD - but the DJ is more of what I could get.. :biggrin:

it would definitely go to top of a possibility list. Though it would probably be 2 or 3 years before a TT or SS is made. I'm sure whatever they do it'll be the 18K's first...

I really like some of the new DJ dials, but just physically can't wear a 36mm. Trust me - I've tried...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.