WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today at a luncheon, a group of friends gave me a very nice Citizen Eco-Drive Calibre 8700 watch, engraved with some personal good wishes.

It was quite an honor.

The watch comes with a CD and an instruction booklet and a five year warranty.

There is one problem however, that has me stumped.

I can't get the crown to pull out, no matter how hard I try and I've been trying all day.

As you know, this is an essential operation.

I have an email in to the lady of our group who coordinated the event for information regarding the seller, so that I can get it serviced if it needs it.

But, until I get a response, does anybody know whether or not I'm doing something wrong (it seems like a simple enough task and I'm not new to watches), or have any of you ever experienced such a problem.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Grady congratulations on the event and watch.Is the crown a screw down or push pull.
I have the Reserve Speedway its a screw down that is so tight I sometimes need a wrench used lightly to get the first turn.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Boy, do I have egg on my face. :blushing:

I took the watch to the engraver to see if the watch might have been damaged there. She showed me the machine and it was obvious that whatever was wrong had nothing to do with the engraving process.

Then she began to mess with the crown and we both heard something, but she couldn't get crown to come out, so I told her not to worry, I was on my way to the jeweler.

When I got to the jeweler, I was describing the problem and when I grasped the crown I felt it turn and immediately knew that it was a screw-down crown.

I'm a little embarrassed, but the neither the booklet nor the CD mentioned screw-down crowns on this model, so after giving the crown a little twist without success, I assumed something was wrong. The crown is small and difficult for me to grasp.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
:)

Mr Grady,

what wonderful friends and such a nice gesture. thats a really cool watch... I'm sure you'll treasure it forever, and never forget when you first tried to set it:biggrin:

Congrats on the watch:thumbup1: and on being human:thumbup:

:):)
diver88

·
Registered
129 Posts
grady, i will echo the congrats, also i see my favorite cigar brand there...the hoyo excaliber.... did you get the custom bands and if so how many did you have to buy to do this?

thanks

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grady, i will echo the congrats, also i see my favorite cigar brand there...the hoyo excaliber.... did you get the custom bands and if so how many did you have to buy to do this?
I've had those cigars so long that I can't even remember when I got them, but they were part of a promotion and I guess maybe I had to submit a proof of purchase or two and I got two of those cigars for free.

Come to think of it, it may have been a store promotion where I filled out the paperwork at the store and got the cigars later.

I love them though and eventually I might even smoke them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts