WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting ready to Sell one of my precious Subs and don't know which one to sell.

I have two Submariners and decided to let one of them go.

One is a Black 116610LN brand new 2011 in the box with all papers, never even been taken out of the box for that matter. the other is a Black16610 only worn once by me for one day 2010 and still has most of the new tape on it. Box and all papers as well.
My delima, Which one should I sell, I know most would say none of them. I have a freind that wants to give me $5000 for either one. The 16610 is the last year before they went to the Cereamic bezile and the 116610ln is the first year of the this model. I want to keep the best one as I feel at $5000 my freind is getting a GREAT deal. I could'nt find one anywhere for less that wasn't several years old and surely wan't Brand new.

Any suggestions ?
I appreciate any help.

·
Registered
722 Posts
The 116610LN is selling in "new" condition on ebay between $8000 and $9000. The 16610 is selling in the $5000 range on ebay and is closer to the price as offered by your friend. I would suggest sell them both and use the proceeds and buy a watch that is more unique. There were over 15 entries for both of these models on ebay. Everyone with a luxury watch in mind buys a Rolex. A stunning Jaeger & LeCoultre can be had for this range on the preowned market.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i am curious that a brand new member has ony two posts about the same topic and yet the only thing we know about him is that he has two rolex watches which have never been worn--ok, one was worn only one day three years ago. what ever happened to "howdy, i am so-and-so...."?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow, What a ****** !! I thought this was a Professional forum not Facebook! I am new at this and apparently didn't know that we were supposed to introduce our selves before asking a question. I was referred to this forum from someone that thought I could get some valuable insite to my questions from some people that had some good experience with watches not from someone like you. But for the record, Howdy and sorry if i was rude.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Mtanner, that is quite the dilemma. Hopefully you'll be able to use the information you've received here and put it towards a resolution.

You'll see that I edited your post, for the reason stated. In the future, I would ask that instead of taking such an adversarial tack when you find something that offends you, instead take the time to report it to one of the moderators, thereby maintaining a sense of decorum throughout the site.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My appologies

Mtanner, that is quite the dilemma. Hopefully you'll be able to use the information you've received here and put it towards a resolution.

You'll see that I edited your post, for the reason stated. In the future, I would ask that instead of taking such an adversarial tack when you find something that offends you, instead take the time to report it to one of the moderators, thereby maintaining a sense of decorum throughout the site.
My appologies, no disrepect was intended to anyone else in the forum. Thanks

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
If I owned 2 watches that I have never worn, I would sell both and get something that I would wear and enjoy. Good luck!
X2 - I don't see how precious they could be if they're never worn. While I am not a big Rolex fan, there is no arguing they are robust watches that deserve to be worn "daily".

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wear a Blue 116613 everyday and have for years. I love the watch and can appreciate their bobust charactor. These two I thought by not wearing them would hold better value down the road. Just wasn't sure which one is worth more right now.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My appologies, no disrepect was intended to anyone else in the forum. Thanks
Hi mtanner.
From one newbie to another let me welcome you to the forum.
Don't feel like the lone stranger. A few short months ago when I joined this forum and I never said "howdy" or introduced myself.
My hazing took a different form than yours. The first several threads I started received NO interest or feedback or anything.
Several views but no posts. But, hey, I say that negative feedback is better that NO feedback.
Take care, from a fellow Rolex lover.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.