WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Hamilton Khaki Automatic/Mechanical/Quartz has got a lot of discussion on this Forum.. Why do you think it has been so popular?

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
The Hamilton Khaki Automatic/Mechanical/Quartz has got a lot of discussion on this Forum.. Why do you think it has been so popular?
Because it looks like a Seiko Mil 7s26.... :thumbup:

No please don't hit me.... I love this watch - it's a great looking watch - everything's in perfect proportion, the numerals are clear, etc etc. What's not to like?

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a "simple" watch. Not a shiney chunk of SS that has been so popular. It does not speak loudly on your wrist. It just tells the time. To me it is a Hamilton staple that represents Americana back to WWII. I put on this military strap and the watch is like no other in my collection. I think the bottom line is that it isn't pretty, it's just what a watch should be.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
It is a nice simple watch. Plus, the Hamilton brand does have a heritage of producing this style watch for GIs. As the old VW commercial said, "Why own a copy when you can own the original?"

·
Registered
979 Posts
It's simplicity, tradition, WWII use and clean design that harkens back to the past.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Rumor has it that the pix above are not GI JOE, but actually self-portraits of MacDaddy. He is quite diminutive.:blink:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Heh.

Nothing at all to fault with that watch. How can you not like it. Just does
what it should.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Thats quite a fruit salad on that soldiers chest. Do you know what his commendations are for?
Yes and we are very proud of him.......

Here are just a few of his accomplishments...

1.Kicking Elmo's behind.
2.Dating Barbie way before Ken.
3.Making a cole slaw from several Cabbage Patch dolls.
4. Earned his dinner stripes by making "stuff" on a shingle for his platoon in an Easy Bake Oven
5. And finally, being undefeated in Stratego.

·
Registered
979 Posts
LOL!

He was actually going to the moon with Major Matt Mason, but Joe was too tall being over the six foot limit for the astronaut corps.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
It's a shame that GI Joe has to go into combat with a dog tag the size of a chow hall food tray and a watch the size of a hula hoop.

Truly, with those sorts of encumbrances, he is the "fighting man from head to toe."

·
Registered
979 Posts
And he never had a bout with 'Shoreleave' for reasons untold...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts