WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

What is your favorite type of watch strap?

• Rubber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nylon or fabric

• others?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow watch fanatics :)

Do you like the manly weight of metal, the class of skin, the utility of rubber or the security of fabric???

Let us know which is your favorite! You can only pic one as your favorite so you have to decide!!

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Push comes to shove, I have to go with bracelet.

But since I am neither being pushed or shoved, I make use of them all!:wink::biggrin:

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
A bracelet has to be extremely comfortable and flexible plus well made for me to consider it. Among the few that have made the cut are IWC's brick ss bracelet that came on the Spitfire, Breitling's Pilot bracelet, a Watchadoo for the Seiko Monster, and a Seiko President on an SKX009. The Rolex Jubilee wasn't too bad either.

Other than that it's some kind of animal skin on my watches. If you're gonna eat'em might as well make use of the rest of 'em.

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Before this year when I REALLY started getting into Lum-Tec, I didn't use straps at all...metal bracelets only.

But now I've got a crap load of straps. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
A large percentage of my modern watches get bracelets- the heavier the better. But pieces before 1970 get a good quality leather strap (except for the 3 or 4 that came with the original metal bands). I have no use for NATOs or Zulus, and rubber gets removed IMMEDIATELY!!!

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
For me it really depends on the watch. But I prefer the look/feel of leather.

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Absolutely depends on what mood I'm in - I like all types and what doesn't appeal one day seems nice the next. I really like the breitling rubber strap, despite the giant 'breitling' stamped on it being a bit OTT...
rubber straps are perfect for water work, dirt, dust and they're much more suitable for changes in wrist size than bracelets. I have a good range of bracelets, but find them much harder to keep on the wrist without them sliding up and down if loose or biting in if too tight. I HATE a watch that sits right on the wrist joint - all I can think of is the awful feeling if you come down hard with a watch jammed against the wrist - with no flex, something's gotta give....maybe the watch, maybe the wrist, either way it's not going to be pretty :scared:

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I always hated straps because they never fit my 8.25" wrist correctly..the buckle end ends up in an uncomfortable spot and the watch wants to rotate away from it's correct position so I pretty much always wore bracelets because 99% of my watches were dive watches. (can't stand the feel of wet rubber dive straps) now that I've branched out and ordered a couple of custom length leather straps with deployants I love the way they feel in the non 110 degree times of the year.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I gotta get me a leather with a deployant. I really want to try one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I always hated straps because they never fit my 8.25" wrist correctly..the buckle end ends up in an uncomfortable spot and the watch wants to rotate away from it's correct position so I pretty much always wore bracelets because 99% of my watches were dive watches. (can't stand the feel of wet rubber dive straps) now that I've branched out and ordered a couple of custom length leather straps with deployants I love the way they feel in the non 110 degree times of the year.
Gotta get me a deployant for my leathers. I've been meaning to try it but was worried about under wrist bulk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts