WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rusty started a good thread on what is your favorite Invicta that cost less than $200? That got me thinking about another direction. Which Invicta did you buy that if you had it to do over again you would not? Or, which Invicta do you own that you like, the least? And why?:crying:

This is my choice for last place in my collection. I bit on it in a "Sunday Run".
It functions well and I like it OK, but just OK. I use it for a beater and wear it to work fairly often. To give you a better idea of where I place this watch, I trade it out with my old Timex work beater. In other words, if it gets broke, no big loss.:mellow:

·
Banned
927 Posts
I have a gold tone, black dial Lupah chrono. It's been worn 2-3 times in about 3 years. I bought it on clearance with the infamous $50 coupon to see what the Lupah "fuss" was all about. It's ok, just not my style.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charilie, I thought you LOVED that watch. . .:001_wub:
Like yes,;) Love, no:blink:

I don't own an Invicta I just do not like. But if I had it to do over again, I would spend my money on one that I did love.:thumbup1:

This is just the watch that finishes last place, out of all that I own. I am sure with all of us we have our favorite and our least favorite. I liked this one a lot for about a month and then it went south.:lol:

BTW Rusty, don't you have one slice of cheese you wish you did not have?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I don't care for my original 40mm speedway. I sized it down and now my wife wears it. I also don't like the Aussie pro diver very much.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I really like this one, but it's just too large for my wrist. Too bad it cost me that much to figure that one out. :( Lesson learned, I guess. I now err on the smaller side.

And as you can see, I'm trying to unload it in my signature for a very good price.

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
This one:

It's getting shipped back to ShopNBC today.

I love the construction, I love the weight, and I love the size.

I absolutely hate the dial and the band. They make the watch look like it was bought at a flea market...

·
Registered
979 Posts
I really liked the look of this Lefty, and of course I'm lefty, but the crown bites into the back of my hand too much. It's not comfortable. My Russian Diver is comfortable since the crown's on the other side. I think I may have worn this watch three or four times max sorry to say. Anyone want to buy it for $100? :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I also don't like the Aussie pro diver very much.
I love all two of mine. :001_tt1:

Which Aussie do you have? I've been looking for either an all black or black with white MOP dial.

Dave

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well, I'm still waiting on my first Invicta for a very long time. So, here's to hoping I don't have any Invictas that I wish I didn't have! HAHA.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I love all two of mine. :001_tt1:

Which Aussie do you have? I've been looking for either an all black or black with white MOP dial.

Dave
I have the silver tone with white MOP. It is a beautiful watch, I just don't like it for some reason. Might be the end links, or the Roman Numerals, I don't know.

·
Registered
793 Posts
It would have to be my gold tone flight collection watch with white MOP dial that was an OTV about 1.5 years ago. It has been on my wrist only a couple of times and received compliments both times. Not a bad watch but just too dressy for me. If anyone is interested I will sell it.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Well, I'm still waiting on my first Invicta for a very long time. So, here's to hoping I don't have any Invictas that I wish I didn't have! HAHA.
I would not worry about that too much.:sleep:
I think it all works out to personal taste. I have seen many posts with pictures where several would make comments like, "beautiful", "great looking watch", etc. and at the same time others saying, "not my cup of tea", "I just don't like it because......", etc. And sometimes our own taste change. That has happened to me twice. One Invicta I bought I really liked when I got it but it grew old quickly and now it stays in the box a lot. Another, I did not like at all when it first came but it grew on me and now I wear it all the time.
But on both of those occasions my attitude when I bought them was, I think I like that and the price is too good to turn down.:rolleyes: All my other Invicta's were bought because when I saw them I thought, Man, I love the way that looks!:001_wub: And on those, I have not changed at all.:thumbup:
I think what I have learned for myself is to not be so quickly seduced by the fantastic deal part of it,:blink: and keep focused on, do I really like this particular watch.:drool:

With that said I have to admit I just did order another Invicta becuase.....,
it was the lowest price I had ever seen on the watch ($49 + free S&H):001_unsure: And I also thought, I like that I think and it would make a great beater at worst.:cool1: But this time I have a plan B!:sneaky2: My father in law likes watches too and if I don't like it when it gets here I will give it to him for his birthday!:biggrin::lol::001_tt2:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yeah, my tastes always change and I'm an habitual flipper so, I'll keep one a bit and sell it if it doesn't get worn. I really like how the 4469 looks and the features it offers are 2nd to none as per price is involved. I'll probably be here on the 3rd along with my Alba.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Yeah, my tastes always change and I'm an habitual flipper so, I'll keep one a bit and sell it if it doesn't get worn. I really like how the 4469 looks and the features it offers are 2nd to none as per price is involved. I'll probably be here on the 3rd along with my Alba.
I look forward to hearing your impressions of your new watches when you get them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts