WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suppose I should know about this obscure rarity but it looks like a Rodney with a faux-grain wood dial. Just closed today for $565.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Dan, it's a Sherwood T and was stolen at that price. It's pretty rare and sold for $1625 and $1245 the last time the model appeard on eBay. Bryan had one on his site for $1995, but I don't know if or what it sold for. And it's not faux wood grain. That is actual wood veneer about .008"-.010" thick IIRC.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I am sorry to have missed it! It's well explained in Rene's original Hamilton book. A few years ago there we a guy on eBay selling some Hamilton's with wood dials that he admitted to me to be copies, but this one seems legit. Maybe Rene can show us a prototype Sherwood Pacer or Flight? :thumbup1:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Dan, it's a Sherwood T and was stolen at that price. It's pretty rare and sold for $1625 and $1245 the last time the model appeard on eBay. Bryan had one on his site for $1995, but I don't know if or what it sold for. And it's not faux wood grain. That is actual wood veneer about .008"-.010" thick IIRC.
Whoa. This is when I wish my knowledge was encyclopedic. Somebody got lucky.

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
I found the listing. Too bad the seller did not know what he had. I'd like to say it's also too bad that I did not see it also... but since it is off to a rather terriific California collection, I'm pretty sure I would not have won it anyway.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it might be

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
At least we know it is in good hands, the hands of someone who appreciates it..........:thumbup1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts