• m23

Votes: 12 50.0%
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
m21 vs m23

both are blue faced tungsten watches....just what i am looking to get.

just not sure which one?!?

the m21 is handwind but has the sapphire back and is more limited production and
m23 is automatic and has the date but is about $182 cheaper.

decisions decisions.

i figure to have a pvd, a tungsten, and a bronze.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I voted for the M23 since the hand wind movement in the M21 is available in the SC B1 and SC B2. The hand wind movement seems to fit the Combat style watch better and gives you an excuse to buy another great watch. Besides, I have seen many pictures of the M23 from members of this forum, with many strap styles, and they are all gorgeous! The blue and orange colors in the dial are stunning!
:thumbup1:

·
Premium Member
2,261 Posts
I agree. Think, here, it's a "bang for the buck" deal. The "23" makes my Lum-Tec "Top 10" list; it's outstanding in every way, and it's becoming a better value with ETAs increasing scarcity, inflation, and the "endangered" LT tungsten cases. I know the 21 is also a great watch, but I like the full-sized seconds hand in an M-case and the cleaner look of the M23 dial. I think you want a clean dial with a tungsten case because the watch has enough excitement ("bling") as it is. Then there's the 23' color scheme; it's just WoW! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Learn to make your own decisions... in the end it feels lots better than following what others think or like.

Reactions: Lazarbel

·
Registered
359 Posts
...both are great looking watches, same case, same colour dial, different font colour ... both swiss movements....it's a matter of personal taste....follow your heart and good luck...

...here is my 15 months old M23, love this watch....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought part of the charm was the tungsten....
why use the leather strap and not the tungsten bracelet?
I am curious about the scratch resistance of the bracelet since
most my steel watches are scuffed up from pushing papers at work.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I thought part of the charm was the tungsten....
why use the leather strap and not the tungsten bracelet?
I am curious about the scratch resistance of the bracelet since
most my steel watches are scuffed up from pushing papers at work.
...part of the charm for me is the tungsten case .....but i often wear it on the bracelet also.....here a pic on the bracelet.....you just can't scratch the bracelet...nothing to worry about...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Nobody likes the M21 then? If I didn't already have 3 other tungstens...

Reactions: TEiN

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the M20 and I love the sub-seconds and big sapphire case back. I can't vote in a poll from my phone, but consider a vote cast for the M21.

·
Registered
176 Posts
For those of you that currently own just 1 Lum-Tec. It looks like another one or two....Are in your future so don't let your wives see this poll. =)

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Nobody likes the M21 then? If I didn't already have 3 other tungstens...

Oh yeah, I like the M21 - bought one with a custom Wiegand Soprod movement - and I already have the 6498-1 in a B2H and SCB1. I like that movement a lot ..and I think they are just about a thing of the past. It's rock solid tough and looks great. I'll buy another 6498-1 if Lum-Tec can procure more of them. In a bronze case....that's what I want.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh yeah, I like the M21 - bought one with a custom Wiegand Soprod movement - and I already have the 6498-1 in a B2H and SCB1. I like that movement a lot ..and I think they are just about a thing of the past. It's rock solid tough and looks great. I'll buy another 6498-1 if Lum-Tec can procure more of them. In a bronze case....that's what I want.
Yes, please!

The one hesitation I'm having with the bronze M, as it stands, is the movement. I'm indifferent to the inclusion/exclusion of the date window, but I'm just not really a fan of the slower beat rate NH35J.. :sad:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yes, please!

The one hesitation I'm having with the bronze M, as it stands, is the movement. I'm indifferent to the inclusion/exclusion of the date window, but I'm just not really a fan of the slower beat rate NH35J.. :sad:
6498-1 bpr is 18,500. There's hardly anything slower..

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'll buy another 6498-1 if Lum-Tec can procure more of them. In a bronze case....that's what I want.
Sign me up for one too! Best thing is that would mean there is NO DATE... Yay! :laugh:

Another nicely decorated hand winding movement like the ETA 2801 would also be great and a welcome addition:

Yes, more ETA but if Stowa can get them for a production run next year, why can't Chris?

Reactions: TEiN and surfers
1 - 20 of 32 Posts