WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the word Cheese used a few time in reference to Invicta watches. Is it a term of endearment or is it an insult? If by cheese you mean watches that are so big no one really has a reason to wear one than by god, sign me up for cheese. :001_tt2:

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
@filament: term of endearment. The whole cheese thing is related to the color of the boxes: yellow cheese. That and the fact that when the brand was revived, it's thing was to offer Swiss watches at everyman prices.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Yeah, it's just a reference to their obsession with Yellow and looking like Cheddar Cheese. I kinda like how they look, much better than normal Seiko boxes and the like.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
@filament: term of endearment. The whole cheese thing is related to the color of the boxes: yellow cheese. That and the fact that when the brand was revived, it's thing was to offer Swiss watches at everyman prices.
It's funny though, the cheese I buy at the store is actually an orangey color, I would be a little worried if the cheese I bought was yellow. Is orangey a word??

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yes, like cheese molded in a brick shape. Not that French stuff that is soft, or cottage cheese. It must be firm, rectangular, and yellowish in color.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
It's funny though, the cheese I buy at the store is actually an orangey color, I would be a little worried if the cheese I bought was yellow. Is orangey a word??
You are freaking me out with all of the avatar changes. I look and it says FALCON underneath it...:blink:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Really? Call me gullible or something but I thought it was because Eyal loves cheese (literally).

Dave

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've seen the word Cheese used a few time in reference to Invicta watches. Is it a term of endearment or is it an insult? If by cheese you mean watches that are so big no one really has a reason to wear one than by god, sign me up for cheese. :001_tt2:

There are such strong emotions revolving around Invicta that I think it really depends on who is saying the cheese. For most of us it is a term of endearment, for others it is insult. Me? I love cheese....put it on everything!:001_tt1:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
As Rusty'll tell ya guys, I've always had a strong and warm regard for my fellow WTFers in CheeseLand :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Y'all be well now pals

ZIN

·
Registered
161 Posts
A good Zin and a good Cheese have always gone well together!:thumbup:

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
I used to have a signature here at the forum:

"Nothing says Swiss like Cheese. And nothing says Cheese like Invicta."

It was both a dig and a compliment since The Lalo's salespitches - and an occassional product - are downright cheesy.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
I used to have a signature here at the forum:

"Nothing says Swiss like Cheese. And nothing says Cheese like Invicta."

It was both a dig and a compliment since The Lalo's salespitches - and an occassional product - are downright cheesy.
That's right, boscoe! And you also had a quote from Mtech the Wise about ProDivers. Why'd you axe the quotes from your sig?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts