WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd assume it's a fair bet that people here collect watches.

What else do you collect?

Right now, I'm into vintage cameras. I've got box cameras, bellows cameras, novelty cameras, etc. I keep them displayed in a cabinet (which is in dire need of lighting) in my home office.

I also collect guitar pins from the Hard Rock Cafe and $2.00 bills.

Yes, I am a veritable vestibule of variety.

So, other than watches, what else are you compulsive about?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Dust:lol::lol::lol::lol: Hey, I'm old:T

Regards
Bob:D

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I used to collect comic books and still have quite a few in storage. Need to do something with those.... :confused1:

Outside of watches, I have a fairly substatial DVD collection, and enjoy collecting Rolex logo collectible trickets. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I have a bunch of clocks.

I have them everywhere. Right now, I'm looking at three, two local time and one GMT.

There are three in my bedroom, one in the bathroom, and one in the living room.

When I turn around I see the first radio-controlled clock ever sold by Radio Shack.

It's so pathetic that I just keep it for its "historical" and sentimental value.

None of the clocks are worth anything and six of them are radio-controlled.

It's not a collection as much as it's an obsession with timekeeping.

I failed to mention the myriad devices about the apartment that have clocks built in, but those are just ancillary, anyway.

I have a collection of guns, too, but they are of the utility variety and there's nothing fancy, to my eye anyway, but they are fine firearms that do what they are supposed to do.

I also am getting a pretty good collection of NRA Golden Eagles belt buckles, as I get them every year I extend my membership.

Now, I don't plan to do anything with them, except put them away, but anything with the NRA logo on it has value to the real collectors out there.

In the long haul, those limited edition belt buckles will probably be worth more than anything else I own, especially by the time I die.

·
Banned
2,275 Posts
Interesting thread...:thumbup1:

Unfortunately I don't collect anything :biggrin: but I'll be following this one. Might give me some ideas...

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Also collect High-Standard pistols. Have quite a few, all different models and years.

Also.....like coin operated machines. Have couple of slots [antique], pinball machines, stamp machine, juke box, coke machines, condom machine, gumball machine. Well you get the idea.

·
Banned
2,874 Posts
In an earlier life, I used to be a professional EMT and a reserve firefighter, so I have a strong affinity for collecting emergency type vehicles, as you can see here. It's obviously taken a back seat -no pun intended- to my latest passion.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I collect cigar bands, but only from ones that I have smoked. I have a small collection of ash trays, I don't buy any, just recieve them as gifts. I also have a collection of Michael Godard paintings (one original, 5 limited editions).

·
Registered
18 Posts
i use to come here all the time then got so busy with other things i forgot about this forum. im so glad i got an email saying the site was updated. had to create a new account but oh well. oh yeah, i collect PEZ! i have over 800 new and vintage

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
snowboards, autos and surfboards

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I recently woke up and realized that I had maybe 20 cases of really nice wine. Since I'm planning on drinking all that, I don't really see it as a collection per say..... Maybe it is better to think of the wine as a staging ground for my attack upon it. :cool1:

I also do seem to like little boxes. Some are wood, metal, stone, or combinations of all. About the only common thread is that they are handmade and in the style or art of where I got them. I tend to get them as presents for my wife when I travel overseas and most of them are jewelry boxes. I realized I "collected" them when I recently got back from Korea and gave my wife a really nice lacquer jewelery box with cranes and arabesque mother of pearl inlay. She mentioned that she already has several boxes but only enough jewelery for 1 of them. Ooops! What have I gotten myself into?

:scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared::scared:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Do you use the boards or just collect them?
I started riding in 77 with my first Winterstick which I purchased while doing my some of my time at Hill AFB in Ogden, Utah. I still ride today as do all members of the family including my grandkids.

The above is my daughter. Photo taken at Timberline Spring 2005.

Wife and daughter at Hoodoo several years ago.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts