WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'm a little tempted to buy the poor thing and try to find a dial for it but I'm stalking something else and had better keep my powder dry.
I pretty much agree Oliver but I think that, in M9, they still had some of the silver colored plates left over that they were using up.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
Believe it or not, there apparently was an Astronaut Spaceview made, but the watch for sale on Ebay is not one.

Here is a photo of what it looks like:

It also appears to be a GMT model.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've seen that "factory" spaceview astronaut on a repair guy's webpage and asked him if he had more -- he said he spent a large amount of time making the dial in that picture from an astronaut dial, and wouldn't be making more.

·
Premium Member
2,265 Posts
I've seen that "factory" spaceview astronaut on a repair guy's webpage and asked him if he had more -- he said he spent a large amount of time making the dial in that picture from an astronaut dial, and wouldn't be making more.
Actually, you're quite right. The Custom Built "Accutron AstroView" is a concept watch represented as "The watch that Bulova should have built."

I agree with the guy...that watch should have been built.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Believe it or not, there apparently was an Astronaut Spaceview made, but the watch for sale on Ebay is not one.

Here is a photo of what it looks like:

It also appears to be a GMT model.
That is a conversion that a guy is doing out of his shop. That was never offered for sale by Bulova

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I'd love to have a conversion like that. I'm a rocket engineer and my interest in accutrons stems from their use in the early space program -- so an "astroview" would be my ultimate desire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.