WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

What did you think of the Iowa Caucus results? (Choose all that apply.)

• Iowa's opinion does not propogate throughout the US, and is not indicitave of the entire country.

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Obama has no experience, is riding on Oprah, and should not win the nomination.

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Huckabee? Who is he and what does he represent?

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Romney will take NH.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Hilary will take NH.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Iowa's results will match NH's results for each candidate.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • It is only round 1, there are 49 more states to go, and anything can happen.

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Someone other than Huckabee will win NH.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Someone other than Obama will win NH.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Iowa's opinion reflects all of the US.

Votes: 1 4.8%
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Well guys as you know, I lean towards The Democrats. I don't think Iowa proves anything and Barack Obama has insufficient experience of central government. I do think he is a good man. Personally I would like to see a Hillary Clinton-Barack Obama ticket. That imho would give us experienced leadership, good, fair and caring government which would unite the country. I say us even if I'm in the UK because America is so much a part of the world.

Be well now pals

ZIN

·
Registered
431 Posts
The Clintons have the big democratic machine behind them and will be very hard to beat in the big states. I don't know if it can be done. Obama has to win N.H., S.C., NV., and Michigan before the big night with multiple states to have a chance. That being said I am thrilled that he won in Iowa! I too lean toward the democrats.
There is one Rebublican candidate that I have always admired and would vote for above all other candidates in the general election if he could win the primary and that is John McCain. I do not agree with his opinion on several of the issues at hand in this election season, but he is a proven leader, his beliefs are strong and you will always know where you stand with him. He has a major flaw that will keep him from getting elected however as the rebublican party don't like him because they can't control him and the dems don't like him because he is a rebublican.
Senator McCain and Barrack Obama are the only candidates I feel strongly about at this time but that is just my opinion and I am only one vote.

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
She's been in the WH and active for 8 years plus she has a former President of two terms as her counsel. Who else matches that?

I used to read Hillary's section on the White House website and she would talk about giving back to the community. I believe that is central to her beliefs. I stopped being a Republican after George Bush Senior left office.

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
She's been in the WH and active for 8 years plus she has a former President of two terms as her counsel. Who else matches that?
Hey, I've been to a lot of football games, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to be a quarterback...

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I would desagree Zin ...."experienced leadership, good, fair and caring government" is always an after thought in this beautiful contry of ours when it comes to accomodate special interes, the whole system needs a complete revision as is actually out of touch with reality on many important issues affecting Americans ...as they say here politics as usual
I would agree with birdman ...Senator McCain is probably the best of the bunch and a person I will vote for if comes to that but, like birdman said he's probably too honest and true to his principles to win..... IMHO of course

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
My point is Eddie that I think Hillary Clinton or indeed a Clinton-Obama ticket could make the difference.

That's my 2c of course looking in as it were from across the pond ;)

Have a good weekend now

ZIN

·
Registered
128 Posts
I do see Houston's point about Clinton's experience and all, but don't you think 2 terms of Clinton Administration is already enough ?

·
Banned
927 Posts
I think the last 2 Bush administrations are enough. 2 too many in fact.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I appreciate everyone's opinions, and this has been a great debate. PLEASE let us keep this clean with no potshots at anyone posting. Thanks!

BTW, for the record, I lean right. Not all the way right; but, I do lean that way.

In reference to Hilary's experience in a prior post. I do not think it was experience in the sense of policy, etc.; but, experience being First Lady, and Senator of New York. BTW, would I vote for her? No way. I would vote in Bugs Bunny before her.

My thoughts.....

If Hilary and Romney do not take NH, they are in trouble IMHO. They have the most money, best organization, yet can not convince the voters to get out there and vote for them. Granted Iowa's numbers were low; but, it is the votes that count. And if people are not swayed one way or the other to vote, only those that speak their voice at the polls are counted. Should be interesting....

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Why is it that we can discuss watches and not politics in a civil manner?
Granted that no lines have been crossed yet but it seems to be getting not so comfortable here.
We all have a vote and if we care then simply explain the vote you will make and be done.
In a politically leaning discussion here I feel (IMHO) that you should explain your beliefs and then allow others to do the same.
It's a simple thread in a WATCH forum.
Have your opinions and allow others to have theirs.
Isn't that what democracy is??
I never post in this stuff.
I must be tired!!

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts

I used to read Hillary's section on the White House website and she would talk about giving back to the community. I believe that is central to her beliefs. I stopped being a Republican after George Bush Senior left office.

Enjoy your weekend

ZIN
Houston,

The Clintons have no moral center. They are in my opinion, morally bankrupt. Their list of crimes is long. For instance, I have little doubt that they had Vince Foster killed.

My hope is that Mike Huckabe can get the nomination on the Rebulican side. That may be idealistic, but I'll vote for him in the primaries. Of course, I voted for Alan Keyes in the last primary knowing he didn't have a chance of getting the nomination.

I don't think Billary or Obama can win in a general election. If the democratic party leadership were smart, they would have thown more support behind Edwards. He's got a better chance than either Hillary or Obama in a general election.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Alan Keyes is the voice in the wilderness. His speeches go right to the heart of human nature and the issues that are central to the survival of the United States and yet, it seems, no one pays any attention to him at all.

I'm not sure if he'd make a good president, but he is a great spiritual (not necessarily religious) leader, if only someone would listen.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts