WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
81 - 99 of 99 Posts

·
Banned
2,511 Posts
I just use the Canon PowerShot A640 10 mega pixels digital.
It's very easy to use,which is good for me because I'm pretty lazy when it comes to taking pictures. :001_smile:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
Hey Larry

We have the same camera. I think it's a great lil' machine especially with that " Swing Out Sister " LCD screen. Image Stabilization would have been nice but hey you can't have everything I suppose. Taking AA batteries means that one is fairly unlikely to run out of juice.

Have a nice day now

ZIN

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Don't toss them!

Check with a good camera dealer or one of the good enthusiasts' websites - I think you will find that the Sony DSLRs can accept most Miinolta lenses with some mode limitations.

I still use my film cameras frequently. And I am far from being alone. Film continues to improve, and some is tweaked to scan better than in the past. For one thing, unless you have the very latest and costliest digital SLR, your film cameras can produce photos that will out-resolve digital. And your film SLR is full-frame, not the APS-size cropped sensor in most consumer-grade digital SLRs. I simply take my film to a photo shop, have it developed only, and returned with a CD (usually jpegs, but for special stuff, TIFF files) and then load it into the computer and process the same as digital files.

I have read that the Sony DSLRs are really good instruments. It used to be that Canon and to a lesser extent Nikon was the way to go digital, but that is changing rapidly and now you have a wide choice of excellent digital cameras from Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony and Samsung, even Sigma, that will satisfy your needs.

·
Registered
325 Posts
To date, I've shot everything with a Sony DSC-W5 5.1MP point and shoot.

The brown santa is bringing me a Nikon D40!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
:):)

hey Mr Cyclone, good to see you again:thumbup:

I really like my little d40 Nikon.. it will do way more than I know how..

and I've taken most of my pics with the Sony DSC-VI ... 5mp point-n-shoot, but I really like my Nikon, almost bought a Canon, but the Nikon looked easier to figure out, and it was cheaper..:thumbup1: post some pics, talk some watches, hang around... oh and if you want your post count restored send a PM to JBHII:thumbup1:

Mr Barry,

a friend recently bought a Sony DSLR A-100 I think and he loves it.. a lot of his old Minolta lenses and it seems like Konica? lenses work on it and the image stabilization is in the camera.. pretty cool. his wife just bought the Canon 40D and she thinks it's the best ever.. my buddy likes his Sony better and wouldn't trade her for anything.. actually after I bought my d40 they got exited and started buying DSLR's:thumbup:

I still have an old Konica TC 100 that has almost never been used but there is a battery issue, they don't make that same one and you have to use a "zinc air" battery and they were expensive and didn't last long.. I don't think the light meter was working right because of the battery issue either.

diver88:):)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Glad I made my way over here from the old place. Haven't bought anything for months as I'm still busy trying to enjoy what I have but I'm getting the itch to pare down and build up again.

Really looking forward to the DSLR experience. Haven't done anything but point and shoot in about 20 years (Canon AE1 film).

I'll get with JBHII about my post count; thanks for the tip. Not that it was all that huge, but it was far from single digits!

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
I shoot with an EOS 20D and got one lens right now, the 24-70mm f2.8 USM - it's just a fun hobby right now...

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
I shoot with an EOS 20D and got one lens right now, the 24-70mm f2.8 USM - it's just a fun hobby right now...
I used the 20D from it's introduction right up until the 40D came out which I use today - great body. I also have an XTi which was my travel body for about a year, but I love the 40D so much I haven't been using the XTi much as of late.

I'm thinking about adding the 24-70 as well to my bag - the 17-40L is my "walk around" lens right now.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
That's a very nice RF, Kenneth. :thumbup1:

I currently use a Sony A300 with a mixture of lenses from Sony, Tokina and Minolta. There's a couple of Carl Zeiss in their stable that will make great additions but it's tough to decide between a watch and a lens....LOL.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I used the 20D from it's introduction right up until the 40D came out which I use today - great body. I also have an XTi which was my travel body for about a year, but I love the 40D so much I haven't been using the XTi much as of late.

I'm thinking about adding the 24-70 as well to my bag - the 17-40L is my "walk around" lens right now.
John, there's simply nothing not to love about the 24-70mm. I use it, and my Sigma 17-70mm, as my walk-arounds.

The 24-70mm (nicknamed "The Brick") is simply an amazing lens...

·
Registered
33 Posts
John, there's simply nothing not to love about the 24-70mm. I use it, and my Sigma 17-70mm, as my walk-arounds.

The 24-70mm (nicknamed "The Brick") is simply an amazing lens...
I'll second Steve's vote for the 24-70/2.8. It's possibly the quintessential lens for shooting indoors and in low light. It's awesome for portraits, fashion, and wedding work. It's also surprisingly good for macro work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In 80's . . . started with Canon T70, rapidly changed to Canon T90 that would have been my alltime favorite camera equiped with all Canon lenses 24mm f2.8, 35-105mm f3.5, 50mm f1.4, 100-300 f5.6 and finally a 2x converter.
In 90's . . . sold all the stuff to switch to autofocus Nikon F90 (N90), I was among the first in my neighborhood to buy a decent digital camera, the Nikon CoolPix 950 (very expensive 2.11 megapixel)
In 00's . . . last year got a Nikon D40 with standard 15-55mm lens, got robbed @ home and got a Nikon D60 with VR 15-55m lens, with a ultra wide angle zoom for taking indoor pix 10-20mm f4-5.6
Still havent got a macro lens which is a must for close calls with watches. Maybe one day...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've upgraded significantly since my first post in this thread.

I currently shoot with a Canon 5D MKIV, and use a 6D MKII and a 6D as back-ups. I have battery grips on all of them.

I shoot with an array of Canon lenses, some "L" Series, some not...

·
Registered
206 Posts
Canon since '03. Picked up a Canon M3 APSC to play with and liked it a lot. An M6 these days. Their P&S G9 and G15 were great too. This recent shot of the Hamilton.
hamilton-navy-khaki-February 22, 2021-9351.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started into photography when I was 17 years old on a Minolta camera, later on changed to Canon when digital photography came and stayed happily with this brand for all the years. Time changes and especially technical equipment developed further again, so I recently decided to take the next step and go mirrorless. I invested into the new Canon R6, what really takes my sportsphotography to a different level! Sometimes I also use a gopro for action shots and for sure I use my mobile for snapshots of everyday life!

81 - 99 of 99 Posts