WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
15,302 Posts
alright ...so I finally stepped up ;-)

Panasonic LUMIX with Leica optics. Small little camera for under $200 that fits
in your shirt pocket and takes phenomenal pictures.

However, after talking for a while to our esteemed moderator John, I think it
will be 10.1MP Rebel Xti with 100mm 2.8 Macro Lens.

Found a mint hardly used EOS 350D (XT) for 'DIRT cheap' with the 18-55mm kit lens.
The kit lens will be on ebay in a day or two and was replaced by Sigma 17-70mm 2.8- 4.5 DC Macro and I added
just today a 'very' sharp and pretty fast Canon 50mm f1.8 II lens.....Eventually I would like to go to EOS 400d (XTi)
and add 100mm f2.8 Canon dedicated Macro lens as well as Canon Speedlite 430EX.

·
Registered
301 Posts
..here are some sample shots with my new rig ;)
I have a lot to learn, but I am excited to be shooting finally with DSLR !!
Great shots of a sweet collection .......... I just love the orange accents and the lighting bolt seconds on the Rolex :thumbup1:

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Nikon D200 with 18-200mm DX Zoom Nikkor
Nikon S50c
Nikon FM ( old school gift from my wife many years ago )

·
Registered
301 Posts
Nikon FM ( old school gift from my wife many years ago )
Now thats one i havent heard of in a long time ......... i used to have a FM and a FM2 with motors i would use for remote cameras at big events. (like mounted on the backboard at a basketball playoff game, or aimed at homeplate with a foot remote during the world series) Wish i still had mine.

Great little cameras. :thumbup1:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just upgraded from a Nikon 7600 Coolpix to a Nikon D40x with two kits lenses 18mm to 55mm and a 55mm-to-200mm. I need to take some pics of my new Invicta Speedway II with that camera! I also have a Nikon 4500 Coolpix, which was my first digital.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I still have a Minolta XG1 35mm film camera with the 50mm f1.4 lens, 135mm lens, 28-70mm zoom and 70-210 zoom macro lens. I was waiting and hoping that I could go digital and still use those lenses; however, that is not possible. We had a canon power shot A95 digital that worked well until someone bent the pins when putting in the memory card. My wife than purchased a sony cybershot so she could take it to school in her school bag; I use that when I can find it!

I have been thinking about getting back into photography again. I have been doing some research. I like the canon d40 body and maybe the canon 17-55 f 2.8 lens to start.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
The 40D and the 17-55 f 2.8 would be an excellent way to start back into photography. My 30D is an excellent camera and the 40D should be even spiffier!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use an Olympus E-510 ... i have het to get a set of Macro filters , but i find it works just fine.......
I photograph jewelry and watches all the time for insurance purposes....
and for sale as well (shameless plug):

·
Registered
183 Posts
I shoot with a Canon 40D (gripped), with a 20D backup.

As for lenses, I use Canon "L" lenses primarily (along with aCanon 85mm f/1.8), although I'm a big fan of Sigma lenses, as well. The Sigma 17-70mm and 50-500mm are currently in my bag.

WARNING!!!! THE FOLLOWING LINK IS NOTHING BUT A PITIFUL ATTEMPT AT SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION

This is my main focus (pun intended) of my photography:

OnStage Photography
Steve That gallery from your onstage web site is just plain dangerous! I love the styx layout especially, as they are one of my favorite groups! thanks for the link:thumbup1:By the way thanks for raising the red flag on that outrageous price I saw on the canon 40d. I did some research and it seems that internet co. in particular has many many many complaints with the better business bureau. Looks like I will be saving up some more or trying to find a used 40d or maybe a used 30d or maybe a rebel xsi when they become available; may have to leave that 40d to you pros!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am another Nikon guy...love my D50 with 18-55 version II also with 55-200 VR.
Use a Kodak 1008 for snaps.

For those interested...I started with Pentax SV (no meter), then to an ME Super, then to a real camera a Nikon FE. Loved the FE but wanted AF so up to a N90 with 4 lenses. N90 kit now collects dust....
I'm a big fan of Yashica and Konica rangefinders, have a few of each of those too..

·
Registered
6,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Welcome!!!

:):)

KNL66, to WTF and the Photo Forum:thumbup1:

another Nikon guy huh? I'm glad you folks are coming in, I was beginning
to feel outnumbered by the Canonistas:lol::lol: (I actually own a Canon too)

seriously, what is the 18-55mm version II?

my kit lens was an 18-55mm, wondering if mine is a version I or II......
mine has auto focus but no VR..

good to have you with us here:thumbup:

diver88:):)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Camera?

Canon EOS 40D w/ BG-E2N battery grip, Canon 70-200mm F2.8 "L", Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 EX BG......, Speedlite 430EX, Kenko 1.4x telextender.

·
Registered
8 Posts
:):)

KNL66, to WTF and the Photo Forum:thumbup1:

another Nikon guy huh? I'm glad you folks are coming in, I was beginning
to feel outnumbered by the Canonistas:lol::lol: (I actually own a Canon too)

seriously, what is the 18-55mm version II?

my kit lens was an 18-55mm, wondering if mine is a version I or II......
mine has auto focus but no VR..

good to have you with us here:thumbup:

diver88:):)

diver88,
The version II is the kit lens for the D40. Minor improvements made from the intial lens packeged with the D50. Ken Rockwells review is here, complete with pix of watches!!

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/18-55-ii.htm

Great site for unbiased reviews.

Kurt

41 - 60 of 99 Posts