WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

What are you doing this New Year's Eve?

• Staying inside and spending it with immediate family and/or friends.

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Getting completely hammered!

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Going clubbing!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going to a small party with family and/or friends and keeping it low key.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Not drinking at all, and/or not celebrating.

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sleeping right through it!

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Going to watch the ball drop and/or seeing the fireworks (any city/town)

• Having Chinese food.

• I have to work.

• Made reservations for a restaurant/club to celebrate the big event.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
New Year's Eve is for those who get so smashed every year that they forget that people have been gathering in large groups, consuming mass quantities of intoxicants, and making more noise at midnight than would be allowed on any other night of the year for hundreds, if not thousands, of years and that nothing ever comes of it except on the next day, there are millions of people with excruciating headaches and an insatiable craving for copious amounts of dihydrogen monoxide.

·
Registered
793 Posts
The big question remains.... Who will be doing the countdown to the new year based off the time on their Invicta watches??????? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
If I'm awake and I'm banking on being sound asleep with lots of white noise to drown out the din of screaming, yelling, and barrages of gunfire, I would be counting down using one of my radio-controlled, WWV referenced clocks.

But as I said, I try my best to avoid those who every year act like the "new year" actually signifies something and comes around only once in a lifetime.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The big question remains.... Who will be doing the countdown to the new year based off the time on their Invicta watches??????? LOL

I already have my 8928 cleaned and polished for the occasion. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,556 Posts
We'll be walking down the street to spend with friends who live a whopping four houses away.

I can't recall the last time I actually drove on New Year's Eve. Last time we went "out" we did the whole "limo thing". Fun, but not cheap.

Driving is just nuts; it's amateur night.

We've spent the last few ones here at the ranch, but this year we'll be able to celebrate a bit and not be concerned with idiot drunks out on the road...

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I get hammered all the time, so NY eve is just another night. Just kidding. We have about a dozen people over for drinks and dinner. We will smoke some cigars, have some bourbons and watch whatever sporting event is on.

·
Banned
5,421 Posts
New Years Day is a bonus day off from work-but since I've been getting up at 4:00-ish AM for many years I'll be hard pressed to still be awake at midnight.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Looks like video games and good drinks are in my future for New Years. I'm a night owl anyways so its not like i won't be up.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
Staying in and hoping falling bullet slugs do not dent my vehicles. All of the unregistered weapons in the city of Columbus Ohio are going off all around my house right now. :blink:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts