WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

201 - 220 of 802 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
"The black dial is less common on the 203 and makes a particularly nice looking combination..."

I'll say! Loving either one, but the black looks particularily sharp.

Eric

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'll be rock'n a Waltham Trench Watch today with a Philadelphia case that has an offset crown, RED 12 enamel dial, leather Kitchener Strap!

Waltham only made 200 of these size 0s OF Riverside Maximus movements that had 19 jewels, this is number 50 of the 200.

This movement has a solid gold train with two real diamond cap jewels!

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Bulova Accutron MO, caliber 214, 521

In October 1960, the public was introduced to Bulova's revolutionary caliber 214 tuning fork watch. Elgin and Hamilton were offering 'electric' powered watches, but these were traditional mechanical movements that substituted a battery to power the movement instead of a mainspring power source.

The caliber 214 was the first truly 'electronic' movement utilizing a tuning fork and guaranteed unprecedented accuracy of 2 seconds a day. Considered truly revolutionary at the time, this technology signaled a horologial revolution. The Accutron tuning fork movement in its various forms would be offfered for 17 years, but utlimately was supplanted by the quartz movement that offered better accuracy and cheaper production cost.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
Awesome! That belongs in a museum.
I'll be rock'n a Waltham Trench Watch today with a Philadelphia case that has an offset crown, RED 12 enamel dial, leather Kitchener Strap!

Waltham only made 200 of these size 0s OF Riverside Maximus movements that had 19 jewels, this is number 50 of the 200.

This movement has a solid gold train with two real diamond cap jewels!

201 - 220 of 802 Posts