WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
I found this forum on Google. I love most of the modern invicta collection. But most people know me because of my vintage Invicta collection. I’m wandering what other people here think about vintage Invicta’s!
I can share some pictures of my collection. But I got around 50 pieces so to much to share here...

·
Super Moderator
15,570 Posts
I amuse my non-WTF friends when I talk about Invicta B.F. and Invicta A.F. (Before Florida and After Florida). I enjoy the current Invictas for what they are: a serviceable watch that, for the most part, just about ANYONE can afford...their ridiculous and un-necessary decision to make "Limited Edition" models notwithstanding. And for the record, I own a gold-tone Pro Diver, a quartz Speedway II chronograph, and a Reserve Pro Diver with the Sellita SW200 movement.
But having said that, I would rather own one single Invicta from Raphael Picard than the entire line of Invictas produced by Eyal Lalo!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I amuse my non-WTF friends when I talk about Invicta B.F. and Invicta A.F. (Before Florida and After Florida). I enjoy the current Invictas for what they are: a serviceable watch that, for the most part, just about ANYONE can afford...their ridiculous and un-necessary decision to make "Limited Edition" models notwithstanding. And for the record, I own a gold-tone Pro Diver, a quartz Speedway II chronograph, and a Reserve Pro Diver with the Sellita SW200 movement.
But having said that, I would rather own one single Invicta from Raphael Picard than the entire line of Invictas produced by Eyal Lalo!
Hey Bill,

R Picard started in 1837 with watchmaking but so far I know Invicta as brand is registered 1896. In that time Raphael already died but his sons are also watchmakers and created the brand Invicta. 😃

anyway you can find them on EBay, and other market places.

·
Super Moderator
15,570 Posts
Thanks for your reply, and perhaps I misspoke. For that, I apologize.
Since you are addressing me directly by name, let me assure you my reply was not meant as part of an in-depth history of Invicta, nor do I even care that much about the company to bother that deeply with the details. Those feelings have been addressed elsewhere in previous posts. The purpose of my comments was merely to answer the question of how I felt about vintage Invictas compared to today's models.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts