WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Humphrey Bogart and James Bond would both shoot on sight, without hesitation, anyone who suggested that he would even entertain the thought of wearing that watch.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I've got two watches with black dials that I like very much but one (Crispin) was not offered with a black dial and the other isn't a Hamilton at all. I bought them in ignorance before I accessed all the valuable information at this forum. Yet I like them both as much now as I did then despite their lack of authenticity. I "could" have the Crispin dial refinished to it's original appearance but I doubt it would excite me as much. I have plenty of round watches with silver dials.

In a way, I wish Hamilton offered more black dials back in the day. They always look so good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I felt pretty lucky to nab a black-dialed ladies watch (the late 1930's Leta). I wish Hamilton had made more black dials! One of my favorite contemporary watches is the IWC Portofino Automatic with the black dial. It just looks so crisp and serious in black.

But that one on eBay just looks very... Vegas. Okay, at least it's not a gold pie pan, but still.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts