WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this watch about two years ago, and it's been a workhorse for me:

I found it at, of all places, Costco, for $119.00 (which made the wife a lot happier than when I bought the Oris):

Since getting the Oris, this thing has been sitting in my watch case, neglected. I think I'll give it some wrist time tomorrow:

I really like this watch. It's as solid and reliable as I could hope to have, especially considering the price range. I've seen other Wenger pieces which have piqued my interest, as well. This is one of the watches that I plan on putting a deployant (or is it "deployment"?) clasp on.

So, any other closet Wenger fans?

·
Registered
634 Posts
I just bought my wife a Wenger ladies diver from Costco yesterday. It is a nice looking watch, mother of pearl, ss bracelet and saphire crystal. I had never given the brand a second thought, but this one fit the specs that she wanted. So for the last week or so, I've been looking at them (with a ton of online research, of course). I do think they have alot of potential.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Wenger is a brand that traditionally marketed swiss army knives right? I was always a Victorianox kind of guy, but I'd had an occasional Wenger too. Their watches are well built, I wonder who manufactures them for Wenger?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Victorinox bought Wenger in 2005. They have been making watches since the 1980s. Both brands had contracts with the Swiss govt as far back as the early 1900s, and have been in competition ever since. Victorinox has the higher profile in the US due to aggressive marketing.

That's what I've learned during the past week of research. The kid at the AD tried to convince me that Wenger was a knockoff of Swiss Army according to his mfg rep. (but, then he didn't know what I meant by "dive" watch either.) I eventually ended up at Costco where I don't expect them to know that kind of thing, and the price was 50usd better than anywhere online or at another retailler.

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
I purchased this watch about two years ago, and it's been a workhorse for me:

I found it at, of all places, Costco, for $119.00 (which made the wife a lot happier than when I bought the Oris):

Since getting the Oris, this thing has been sitting in my watch case, neglected. I think I'll give it some wrist time tomorrow:

I really like this watch. It's as solid and reliable as I could hope to have, especially considering the price range. I've seen other Wenger pieces which have piqued my interest, as well. This is one of the watches that I plan on putting a deployant (or is it "deployment"?) clasp on.

So, any other closet Wenger fans?
$119? That is it? :eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy: I would have expected more. Congrats on a great purchase!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts