WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just bought a high end Motorola Smart Watch and will post a thread on mine. It's been a blast to design my own dials and the watch itself looks good.

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I look forward to your review. I know I should get with the modern times but my watch collection is probably an average vintage of 1958.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I might wear one, when it stops being an accessory to a smart phone! Without a phone, it does little more than tell you the time, and has to be charged every night!

·
Registered
123 Posts
There are currently two models that you don't need a phone with you at all. The LG Urbane 2 and the Samsung Gear 2 and about to be 3. They function totally stand alone meaning you can leave your phone home and go about your way. These two models have their own number. You simply forward your calls to the watch which will feed your texts too. No phone is needed. That'll be my next smart watch but I'm waiting for someone to make a true Diver style that is totally water proof which is and will be coming. You can either out your watch on speaker to talk or use Bluetooth ear pods to talk. I like the LG Urbane 2 but it had a recall when I got my Moto but I think it's over and now available. It actually looks better than my Moto and has a crown and two pushers Chrono style. Throwing a super engineer brwcelet on that watch would look awesome. Check it out. It's a cool looking piece.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I stand partly corrected! But what do you mean the watch has it's own number? I assume that I would have to add a new line to my Verizon account, just so I could forward my calls from a phone that already costs $70 a month! I think not!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have mixed feelings about them. I have more than a thousand Quartz and mechanical watches, and also more than a dozen smart watches. I have a lot of fun with the faces on most of them. The Garmin watches have a good set of faces and stay on all the time and stay charged for a week or more. The Samsung line of watches have a lot of faces and I prefer the Tizen OS over the Android Wear by a huge margin. The Pebbles have the best choice of faces but they are on their way out now. I like having them count my steps and tell me to get up and walk while at work, as I sit all day. The problem is that I tend to ignore my other watches now, which date from the ‘40s to modern. Then if I ignore the smartwatches I worry about them staying on the chargers all the time. They are definitely from a different world and require a totally different way of thinking about what you love in a watch. They are also by nature of the internal battery which will go bad and being dependent on the company developing the software, short lived in comparison to a regular watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have mixed feelings about them. I have more than a thousand Quartz and mechanical watches, and also more than a dozen smart watches. I have a lot of fun with the faces on most of them. The Garmin watches have a good set of faces and stay on all the time and stay charged for a week or more. The Samsung line of watches have a lot of faces and I prefer the Tizen OS over the Android Wear by a huge margin. The Pebbles have the best choice of faces but they are on their way out now. I like having them count my steps and tell me to get up and walk while at work, as I sit all day. The problem is that I tend to ignore my other watches now, which date from the ‘40s to modern. Then if I ignore the smartwatches I worry about them staying on the chargers all the time. They are definitely from a different world and require a totally different way of thinking about what you love in a watch. They are also by nature of the internal battery which will go bad and being dependent on the company developing the software, short lived in comparison to a regular watch.

You suffer from the same problems I do! Ignoring all my other watches or worrying about the ones on all the chargers and their relatively short lifespans.

As for the Pebbles, they are back to life due to a group that bought the rights to keep them alive. They are called Rebble and all you have to do is go to their site and couple a Rebble ID to a pebble ID and go through a couple of simple steps that give them access to your pebble app. It works great and have started buying them again. It’s a crying shame that they didn’t get the pebble 2 color out before being bought out by Fitbit. The next best thing is the Fitbit Versa. Steve

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
Are my brain bones deceiving me, or are you talking to yourself???

·
Registered
83 Posts
Are my brain bones deceiving me, or are you talking to yourself???
Good catch! I had to laugh after I posted that and realized that it was my own post from two months ago that I was responding to! Oh, well. I’m a Gemini anyway, so it figures. Steve

·
Super Moderator
15,576 Posts
That's okay....get me drunk and I'll tell you about some of the boo-boos I've made here!!! 1.gif

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have owned an apple series for quite a long time, my wife keeps gifting me with them so we use it twinning whenever we go exercising but I don't just fancy it so much, i prefer a presidential watch because of my kind of work.. so i passed the watch to my son.. Although smart watches are nice, we just have different opinion and selections

1 - 15 of 15 Posts