WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a lot of great vintage watches on the forum. I wonder does inclimate weather have an impact on wearing a vintage watch. I generally wear a newer one when rain or extreme temps hot or cold are in the forecast.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Like Dennis, I don't worry too much about temperature, and largely I don't worry about the rain, unless I have some reason to be out in it for any time. Just dashing from the house to the car, or the parking lot to the lab, I don't worry.

I have learned not to do anything too sweaty while wearing a non-waterproof watch. Condensation under the crystal. :scared: But it dries out quicly if you pop the back and leave the watch in a warm, dry place - like California. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,889 Posts
About the only time I won't wear one of my oldies is when I'm in the crowded shopping malls at Christmas time. I'm not too worried about pickpocketers, but you can't be too careful either!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.