WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,208 Posts
Oh, you mean this isn't the #1 watch site????
Right then, I'm off.....

Okay, I'm back - can't see why some of them rate higher... one of the Breitling sites had Google ads across the top of the page - good ol' Google put a nice ad for fake Breitling websites in there - nasty. Click that link & you will be spammed forever more.............. and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

If I didn't think this site was #1, I wouldn't be here. 'Nuff said :biggrin:

·
Banned
18,140 Posts
There are two of these sites - the Watch Top 100 with a red background and Top 100 Watches ( I think it's called ) with a blue background.

We were ranked in the Top 3 at the start of the year in T100W and graced the first place around March/April. Then suddenly we began slipping in the standings even whilst out post count and hits were apparently up. We weren't doing anything differently and they never replied to either John's or my requests for an explanation. It got to a point when John decided to ask them not to list us anymore. Better not to be there than to be seen slipping when we were not.

WT100 had never ranked us that highly anyway and I wonder if we do need to be there at all too...

Hey if we were to be at No 1, I'd have said they should just keep it that way and cease updating the scoring processes!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Be well now pals and let's keep talking

ZIN

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
Okay, I'm back - can't see why some of them rate higher... one of the Breitling sites had Google ads across the top of the page - good ol' Google put a nice ad for fake Breitling websites in there - nasty. Click that link & you will be spammed forever more.............. and the next day, and the next day, and the next day.

If I didn't think this site was #1, I wouldn't be here. 'Nuff said :biggrin:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. :thumbup1:

Don't put too much stock in those rating sights guys. It's pretty easy for many sites to manipulate the script used to generate the click count totals which control the rankings. There are a lot of sites ahead of us which I'm quite sure don't get as much true traffic as we do. :eek:hmy::001_rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts