WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a year ago I purchased a Wolfe Watch Winder and promptly stuffed it away in my closet, waiting for the day that I would make room on my dresser for it. Well, today was that day. I dragged the watch winder out of hibernation and unpacked it. Interesting. This is the older 2.0 version of the Wolfe winders. I know the 2.0 versions have been superseded by way better models, but this is my introduction to watch winders and I got it at a terrific price, so ... whatever.

This is a two-watch winder in which I have inserted my Accutron Gemini, as well as my new Lum Tec M23. On this particular watch winder there are A, B, and C settings for the direction of rotation.

A= Clockwise
B= Counter Clockwise
C= Clockwise and Counter Clockwise (Omnidirectional)

Can someone tell me, please, what direction is recommended? Currently, I have the winders set in the C setting, but for no other reason than I am completely ignorant about what directional setting to use.

Okay, I am sitting at my desk ready to be educated, and I promise not to daydream about Jennifer Lopez (or Salma Hayek).

Thanks in advance!

OkeefenokeeJoe

·
Registered
739 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The recommended winding direction and turns per day settings are movement specific as some movements wind when the rotor rotates in both directions and some movements wind only when the rotor rotates in a specific direction.

Check these two sites for the recommended winding direction and TPD for the movement in your watch(es):

Watches And Reviews - GUIDE To Keep Movements Wound On Winder

Orbita Watch winders - Innovative Watch winder Designs | Orbita Watchwinders
Thanks for the information 1800Collect! This is my cautious foray into the world of watch winders, and I tend to get a little nervous and anxious in unchartered territory.

OkeefenokeeJoe

PS. I checked out your links and not once did Jennifer Lopez or Salma Hayek enter my mind! I must be getting old.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts