WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
My husband's watch winder has stopped working for no apparent reason. It's only a cheap one, a Time Tutelary KA80, which he's had for 18 months.

The power adaptor appears to have no fuse which could have blown and we've done the whole unplug it, leave it for 5 minutes, plug it back in again thing. Nothing.

Is there anything we could be doing to try to get it working? Is it common for them to only last such a short length of time?

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
4,433 Posts
The simple answer is yes. It seems in the world of watch winders you really do get what you pay for. There are some very well known and dependable watch winders available in the "high end" market. Meaning there are expensive even if you can find them on sale. I have a couple of the "W" brand that I've had for years and I have experienced no problems. I have experienced problems similar to your description with several non-brand name watch winders which were purchased from different vendors. I am currently contemplating whether I really need to purchase replacement winders for those that have failed. Over the past six or so years I have purchased 5 dual watch winders similar to the KA80. Only one of those winders is still functioning properly. Three simply stopped working and nothing I tried would bring them back and one of them is currently winding on only one side. It seems they all have one thing in common...Made in China.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply. We are looking at the 'W' brand ones now, possibly the modular ones so we can add to them if we acquire more automatics in the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts