WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where does one go to find watch values? I have a SS Omega Seamaster and a SS Corum I'm trying to value.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
One real world source for many watches is the 'bay:wink:

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Agreed. Expanding on Thunder's answer: We go to eBay and do an Advanced search of the watch, asking to see completed sales. This tells us what others are willing to pay for that watch.

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
Yeah, right! Next you'll be asking that they be clear and large enough to actually see! :sneaky2:

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
That's true, condition is everything for any model & make.

So one has to take into account various factors which determine current values on a specific watch, one of which is condition and the models relative scarcity. You need to compare apples to apples, as opposed to apples & oranges.

Watch values as a whole have been on the rise over the past 3 years, with a recent variable plateau that once again seems to be appreciating from there IMO, and will continue for many various models most notably in the Divers & Chronograph types of vintage era as well as others.

Cheers, :thumbup1:
Jim

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
So...Whazzit Worth??? Shall acquisitory avarice be my only guide? Am I left alone on EBAY to make my own decisions with no guidence? uh-oh!
Indubitably.... at least it's a good place to start! Very few of us own jewelry or pawn shops - I know I don't. We're not professional evaluators or appraisers either. EBay is simply a handy place to go to find out how much the general public is willing to pay for any given watch! If your thing is intrinsic value, take it to a jeweler or the "WE BUY YOUR OLD GOLD AND COINS" guy. Of course the Bay isn't your only recourse of exploration!!! But it has satisfied maybe 95% of the people so far who have asked "what's this worth?" And that's a good track record.

AAKVIPER mentioned auction houses...I could add your local antique stores to the list.

·
Banned
28,291 Posts
Chrono24 is a good website to judge the latest asking prices for a variety of different watches in different conditions.

Chrono24 - Luxury watches | buy watches | sell a pre-owned watch

Just use the search function to look for the kind of watch you want to see the value of.
The problem is that's asking price. We need actually selling prices to determine what a watch is really selling for. I mean, I could ask $35,000 for my Seiko 009. Nobody would buy it, but there would be the listing as evidence.

·
Banned
778 Posts
The problem is that's asking price. We need actually selling prices to determine what a watch is really selling for. I mean, I could ask $35,000 for my Seiko 009. Nobody would buy it, but there would be the listing as evidence.
Agreed. I said it was the asking price.

I do think that this is still a good indicator though. Do you have anecdotes or proof that suggests otherwise?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am need of any info that anyone may have on a Hamilton Registered Edition 6160. I don't know anything of the watch but my step-dad left me one when he passed. Any information would be great! :)

·
Super Moderator
16,558 Posts
If you have any photos you can download, that would help immensely!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.