WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
WATCH TALK FORUMS NEWSLETTER - JUNE 2010

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: facebook_likebutton -->

<like href="https://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/content.php?r=175-WATCH-TALK-FORUMS-NEWSLETTER-JUNE-2010&s=4fb5b2e6b41e42da61050094df35ab8b" font="tahoma" layout="standard" show_faces="false" width="300" action="like" colorscheme="light" data-share="true"></like><!-- END TEMPLATE: facebook_likebutton -->

by <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberaction_dropdown -->

JBHII

<!-- END TEMPLATE: memberaction_dropdown -->

Published on 06-29-2010 11:52 AM

Number of Views: 1104

WATCH TALK FORUMS NEWSLETTER - JUNE

6/29/10

Welcome to the June edition of the WATCH TALK FORUMS Newsletter!

WATCHTALKFORUMS, INC. ACQUIRES WATCHTALKFORUMS.COM DOMAIN

If you've ever typed in watchtalkforums.COM in your browser address bar, you may have been confused or surprised to see another website come up and not WATCH TALK FORUMS (we have a .info domain). Well, good news! In June, WATCH TALK FORUMS completed the acquisition of the .com domain - now watchtalkforums.info and watchtalkforums.com both point to the same place!

WATCH TALK FORUMS ANNOUNCES ANOTHER OFFICIAL FORUM!

Earlier this month, WATCH TALK FORUMS in association with Glashütte Original announced the launch of the *Official* Glashütte Original Forum!

More and more watch brands are recognizing WATCH TALK FORUMS as a major player in the online luxury watch discussion community and want to partner with us. We're very excited and proud that Glashütte Original has chosen to partner with us in this capacity. Click here to read the Press Release on the new forum. To visit the new *Official* Glashütte Original Forum, click here.

WATCH TALK FORUMS INC. ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF ThruMyLens!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the latest edition to the WATCH TALK FORUMS INC. family of websites - ThruMyLens! The website thrumylens.org is a website primarily dedicated to photography related topics (and certainly photos of luxury watches will be found here). But it's so much more! ThruMyLens will also explore luxury travel, automotive, electronic gear - you name it! If it can be photographed, I'll talk about it on ThruMyLens. Click here to read the Press Release for more information. To visit ThruMyLens, click here.

May 15th NYC GTG Report
by HockeyBrand
My wife and I had the distinct pleasure of attending the fourth annual New York City watch enthusiasts get together (gtg) on May 15th!

This was my first opportunity to meet several of the watch forum Members and to take part in great stories, great food and drinks, and great door prizes from the Sponsors.

This event surpassed all my expectations and I hope to see more people sign up - for the next Tampa Bay gtg in November!

Check out the link: https://www.watchtalkforums.info/foru...rience-hb.html

HELP WANTED IN THE BREITLING FORUMS!

Do you have a passion for Breitling watches? If so, we could use your assistance in the WTF Breitling Forum! WATCH TALK FORUMS is looking for someone in our community to volunteer to join Breitling Forum Admin Scott D in the Breitling Forum. For more information, drop me a PM, or email me at [email protected]

REVIEWS IN JUNE

In case you missed 'em, here are links to the reviews which were published here on WATCH TALK FORUMS during June:

Review of the Glashütte Original PanoRetroGraph

Review of the A. Lange & Söhne Langematik-Perpetual

Review of the TAG Heuer Monaco

NEW SPONSOR!!!

I'm pleased to welcome custom leather strap maker David Lane Design as an official WTF Forum Sponsor. Please stop by his website and check his awesome straps!

2010 WATCH TALK FORUMS PATRON PROGRAM CAMPAIGN

Every day, we're seeing the ranks of WTF Members joining the Patron Program grow! Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who has joined the program!! We're on our way to the goal of 1000 Patron members in 2010!

For 2010, we're enhancing the WTF Patron Program significantly, and providing some strong benefits which only Patron Program members will enjoy.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PATRON PROGRAM? WHY IS WATCH TALK FORUMS ASKING FOR DONATIONS FROM MEMBERS?

The Patron Program began at the end of 2008 as a way to help fund the growth of WTF. Our commercial WTF Forum Sponsors essentially cover the basic overhead costs of the site. However, we have no budget for things we desperately need like travel (to get to places like Basel or SIHH for example so we can bring our community a first hand account of the new watches which are introduced every year) and advertising (so that we can draw in even more participation in our various forums which is more fun for everyone), and compensating the Admin Team for article work (who work as volunteers currently) so we can generate more professional content for the site which we all can enjoy.

We started the Patron Program with the understanding that the primary benefits to the contributing member was the recognition within the community for being a Patron Program Member, and the satisfaction which comes from contributing to a worthwhile cause. Based on the extremely low participation in the Patron Program in 2009, it was clear that there was not enough incentive for Registered Members to become Patron Program Members.

SO WHAT'S CHANGED WITH THE 2010 PATRON PROGRAM? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONTRIBUTING FINANCIALLY TO WATCH TALK FORUMS?

Last year we started rolling out our brand new Patron Program. This program is designed to provide a lot of added value to our Patron Program Members, with MANY new and positive benefits for them, including:
  • NEW and EXCITING system functionality - the "My Watch Box" feature which allows you to showcase your collection for all to see!
  • Special pricing and discounts which WTF Forum Sponsors will ONLY make available to WTF Patron Program Members!!!
  • Special pricing and discounts which WTF Forum Sponsors will ONLY make available to WTF Patron Program Members!!!
  • Exciting drawings and giveaways for watches and watch related accessories which will only be available for Patron Program members!
  • Sales Forum posting privileges - Since the start of this year only Patron Program members and Forum Sponsors are permitted to post in the Sales Forum.

To join the WTF Patron Program, click here.

That's it for the June newsletter - see you next month!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts