WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
WATCH TALK FORUMS NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER 2011

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: facebook_likebutton -->

<like href="https://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/content.php?r=452-WATCH-TALK-FORUMS-NEWSLETTER-DECEMBER-2011&s=4fb5b2e6b41e42da61050094df35ab8b" font="tahoma" layout="standard" show_faces="false" width="300" action="like" colorscheme="light" data-share="true"></like><!-- END TEMPLATE: facebook_likebutton -->

by <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberaction_dropdown -->

JBHII

<!-- END TEMPLATE: memberaction_dropdown -->

Published on 12-02-2011 10:41 AM

Number of Views: 2868

newsletter.jpg

WATCH TALK FORUMS NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER

Welcome to the DECEMBER 2011 WATCH TALK FORUMS Newsletter! Unbelievably, this will be the last newsletter for 2011! As you can imagine, we've got a TON of important news items to pass along...

ATLANTA GET TOGETHER TOMORROW!!!!

A watch enthusiast "GTG" is taking place TOMORROW! The Atlanta GTG Saturday lunch Dec. 3, 2011 - click here for more details!

REPORT AND PICTURES FROM THE 6TH ANNUAL TAMPA GTG

For the sixth straight year, Milos "Watchfan1" hosted the annual Tampa GTG, and it was yet another successful event. If you (like me) weren't able to make it down to Florida to attend, at least check out these great photos of the great time had by all of the attendees by clicking here.

TRAVEL REPORT ON THE LITTLE TREASURY JEWELERS WATCH & WATCH WINDER EVENT

Earlier this week I posted my travel report on the Little Treasury Jewelers Watch & Watch Winder event in Baltimore MD. Did you miss it? If so, then click it here!!!

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER OF THE WATCH DESIGN CONTEST!!!

20 official entries, and nearly 500 votes were cast in the watch design contest we held last month for the Official WATCH TALK FORUMS Limited Edition watch by LÜM-TEC. WATCH TALK FORUMS Admin Team member Watchfan1's design received a majority of the votes, and his design was selected to create the LÜM-TEC M61. Congrats Milos!

LIMITED EDITION WATCH TALK FORUMS WATCH BY LÜM-TEC SELLS OUT IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!

One the above mention watch design contest was completed, LÜM-TEC announced the pre-order of the new, limited edition (50 pieces) M61 WATCH TALK FORUMS edition LÜM-TEC watch. Once the link to pre-order the M61 went live, the watch sold out in less than 24 hours!! LÜM-TEC reports they've never sold 50 pieces so quickly!! Here's a link to the pre-order announcement which was made on the M61.

LÜM-TEC ANNOUNCES A PVD RUN OF THE WATCH TALK FORUMS WATCH WILL BE MADE...PRE-ORDER COMING SOON!!!!!

Due to the unexpected and overwhelming demand for the contest-winning M61, LÜM-TEC has decided to do a 2nd version of the watch with a PVD case called the M62!!! Like the M61, the M62 will be limited to just 50 pieces. LÜM-TEC had planned to, on request, give customers who purchased the M61 the option of getting the M61 in PVD, however, since the M61 pre-order sold out in less than 24 hours, it made sense to do a second run entirely in PVD. The pre-order will begin on Sunday December 4th at 8pm EST. Since the M61 caught many folks flat footed, LÜM-TEC put up a special advance notice of the upcoming M62 pre-order which you can see by clicking here. LÜM-TEC indicates that based on the emails of interest they're receiving on this watch, it will also sell out VERY quickly, so be ready to go to order one of the remaining 49! Like the M61, I've already got dibs on model #1 of the M62 WATCH TALK FORUMS watch!
biggrin.gif

REVIEW OF THE CX SWISS MILITARY HURRICANE

CX Swiss Military is a name that won't be familiar to many of you, but the HURRICANE will take you by storm! Check out my review in the *Official* CX Swiss Military forum by clicking here.

KAIN HERITAGE STRAP REVIEWS

High-end strap maker Kain Heritage recently sent me a couple of amazing straps to review for the forum! Check 'em out by clicking here.

SPECIAL DISCOUNT FOR WATCH TALK FORUMS MEMBERS!

WATCH TALK FORUMS sponsor Kain Heritage is offering a 17% discount off of the regular price on all calf, shark straps and accessories purchased for all WATCH TALK FORUMS members. Additionally, receive Kain strap's gift - a free watch case for each strap purchase. Limited alligator and ostrich straps on not included in this offer.

Please visit the Kain Heritage website to see their strap selection, and to place an order, simply send an email to [email protected] and confirm the order with item code(s) and buckle finishing. Be sure to include your WTF screen name to qualify for the discount and free gift.

HOW DO I POST A PHOTO?

I wanted to make sure all of our new members (and a reminder for our long-time members) know that we have some GREAT tutorials posted in the Guidelines and FAQ forum which provide simple, step by step instructions on how to post photographs. In particular, this video I recorded shows how, in less than five minutes, you can post a photo on WATCH TALK FORUMS. If you'd like to step up the recognition and respect you receive from the community.

DO YOU HAVE SOME TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR WATCH?

If you have technical questions about how your watch is running, look no further than the WATCH TALK FORUMS TECHNICAL FORUM - a resource for our Patron Members. Rikthewatchmaker is standing ready to answer your questions and try and help diagnose your watch related issues.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE WATCH TALK FORUMS CHANNEL ON YouTube!

Speaking of videos, have you checked out the WATCH TALK FORUMS Channel on YouTube? Have you subscribed? The channel has lots of video items that will appeal to a broad user base - it's not just watches. Check it out!

screenshot-1.jpg

My hope is to not only bring video content to our members and visitors here on WATCH TALK FORUMS, but also to reach the YouTube audience who don't know about our community. We get about 200,000 visitors here monthly on WTF, but YouTube gets millions of visitor every day, so I'm hoping this will be a GREAT opportunity to expand our community.

Here's what I like you to do - please visit our new video channel on YouTube:

WATCH TALK FORUMS Channel on YouTube

Please "subscribe" to the WATCH TALK FORUMS YouTube channel (You'll see a little yellow button at the top of the screen which says "subscribe." The more subscribers we have, the greater the "snowball" effect of popularity which will drive people to the channel. This will help draw attention to the channel, the videos produced on the channel, and help grow our community.

Video content will really help improve our community and your experience here in the months and years to come, so I hope you're as excited as I am about this news!

THE WATCH TALK FORUMS GROUP ON FACEBOOK!

Do you use Facebook? Who doesn't?!?! WATCH TALK FORUMS has a dedicated group on Facebook - check it out by clicking here.

2011 WATCH TALK FORUMS PATRON PROGRAM CAMPAIGN

Every day, we're seeing the ranks of WTF Members joining the Patron Program grow! Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who has joined the program!! We're on our way to the goal of 1000 Patron members in 2011!

For 2011, we're enhancing the WTF Patron Program significantly, and providing some strong benefits which only Patron Program members will enjoy.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PATRON PROGRAM? WHY IS WATCH TALK FORUMS ASKING FOR DONATIONS FROM MEMBERS?

The Patron Program began at the end of 2008 as a way to help fund the growth of WTF. Our commercial WTF Forum Sponsors essentially cover the basic overhead costs of the site. However, we have no budget for things we desperately need like travel (to get to places like Basel or SIHH for example so we can bring our community a first hand account of the new watches which are introduced every year) and advertising (so that we can draw in even more participation in our various forums which is more fun for everyone), and compensating the Admin Team for article work (who work as volunteers currently) so we can generate more professional content for the site which we all can enjoy.

We started the Patron Program with the understanding that the primary benefits to the contributing member was the recognition within the community for being a Patron Program Member, and the satisfaction which comes from contributing to a worthwhile cause. Based on the extremely low participation in the Patron Program in 2009, it was clear that there was not enough incentive for Registered Members to become Patron Program Members.

SO WHAT'S CHANGED WITH THE 2011 PATRON PROGRAM? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONTRIBUTING FINANCIALLY TO WATCH TALK FORUMS?

Last year we started rolling out our brand new Patron Program. This program is designed to provide a lot of added value to our Patron Program Members, with MANY new and positive benefits for them, including:
  • NEW and EXCITING system functionality - the "My Watch Box" feature which allows you to showcase your collection for all to see!
  • Special pricing and discounts which WTF Forum Sponsors will ONLY make available to WTF Patron Program Members!!!
  • Special pricing and discounts which WTF Forum Sponsors will ONLY make available to WTF Patron Program Members!!!
  • Exciting drawings and giveaways for watches and watch related accessories which will only be available for Patron Program members!
  • Sales Forum posting privileges - Since the start of this year only Patron Program members and Forum Sponsors are permitted to post in the Sales Forum.
To join the WTF Patron Program, click here.

THE END OF THE YEAR....ALREADY?

Amazingly, this is the final newsletter of 2011 - a pivotal, huge year for WATCH TALK FORUMS! We now have nearly 26,000 registered members!!! That's up by nearly 10,000 registered members since this time last year - our biggest growth year to date!

All of this could not be possible without the small army of volunteers who serve the WATCH TALK FORUMS community. I hope you'll take a moment of your time to stop by your favorite discussion forum here on WTF, and post a note of "THANK YOU" to the Admin Team members responsible for that forum. A special "thank you" goes out to the WTF Systems Administrator "Greg" who helps out with all our IT needs. This site simply couldn't function without his expertise and dedication. Thanks Greg!!

It's been a tough year economically for many of us around the world. Many members of WTF have shared that they have have taken pay cuts, or lost jobs altogether. Please remember those who are facing difficult times during your prayers this holiday season. If you could use some extra prayers for you or someone you care about, feel free to head over to the Community Forum, and post something in the Prayer Thread.

As we approach the world wide celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

**Photos & Text Copyright 2011 WATCH TALK FORUMS INC. No part of this report can be reproduced outside of WATCH TALK FORUMS without the expressed permission of John B. Holbrook, II.

Tags: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: tagbit_wrapper -->

december 2011,

newsletter,

watch talk forums

11x11progress.gif
<!-- END TEMPLATE: tagbit_wrapper -->

1 - 1 of 1 Posts