WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Administrator
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
WATCH TALK FORUMS NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER 2010

<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: facebook_likebutton -->

<like href="https://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums/content.php?r=270-WATCH-TALK-FORUMS-NEWSLETTER-DECEMBER-2010&s=4fb5b2e6b41e42da61050094df35ab8b" font="tahoma" layout="standard" show_faces="false" width="300" action="like" colorscheme="light" data-share="true"></like><!-- END TEMPLATE: facebook_likebutton -->

by <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: memberaction_dropdown -->

JBHII

<!-- END TEMPLATE: memberaction_dropdown -->

Published on 12-08-2010 01:17 PM

Number of Views: 2834

newsletter.jpg

WATCH TALK FORUMS NEWSLETTER - DECEMBER

Welcome to the December 2010 WATCH TALK FORUMS Newsletter! This month we're debuting a new and hopefully nicer-to-look-at newsletter format. Please do let me know your thoughts!

WATCH REVIEW GALORE!!

November was a huge month for watch reviews! In case you missed any of them, here are the reviews which were published in the November. Just click on any of the links below to read the reviews and see what others are saying in the discussion threads!

Review of the Graham Chronofighter OverSize GMT

Review of the Breitling Chronomatic 24H

Review of the Mühle-Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronograph

Book Review - Rolex Gallery

A MESSAGE FROM OUR SPONSOR WATCHCASES.COM

The Holiday Time is gift giving time. So why not shop at watchcases.com and give your loved one the true gift of time! They can stop fretting forever with and about their automatic watches with a fine winder winder keeping their watch running in time and keeping them on time like the trouble free Orbita Avanti Series of Watch Winders. Or the Wolf Designs or Eilux Watch Winders. As an added Bonus, all Watch Forum customers can use the standard shipping method and ship things for free till December 13th and use the coupon code watchtalkforum1 and save an extra $15 on top of that!

2010 WATCH TALK FORUMS PATRON PROGRAM CAMPAIGN

Every day, we're seeing the ranks of WTF Members joining the Patron Program grow! Thanks SO MUCH to everyone who has joined the program!! We're on our way to the goal of 1000 Patron members in 2010!

For 2010, we're enhancing the WTF Patron Program significantly, and providing some strong benefits which only Patron Program members will enjoy.

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE PATRON PROGRAM? WHY IS WATCH TALK FORUMS ASKING FOR DONATIONS FROM MEMBERS?

The Patron Program began at the end of 2008 as a way to help fund the growth of WTF. Our commercial WTF Forum Sponsors essentially cover the basic overhead costs of the site. However, we have no budget for things we desperately need like travel (to get to places like Basel or SIHH for example so we can bring our community a first hand account of the new watches which are introduced every year) and advertising (so that we can draw in even more participation in our various forums which is more fun for everyone), and compensating the Admin Team for article work (who work as volunteers currently) so we can generate more professional content for the site which we all can enjoy.

We started the Patron Program with the understanding that the primary benefits to the contributing member was the recognition within the community for being a Patron Program Member, and the satisfaction which comes from contributing to a worthwhile cause. Based on the extremely low participation in the Patron Program in 2009, it was clear that there was not enough incentive for Registered Members to become Patron Program Members.

SO WHAT'S CHANGED WITH THE 2010 PATRON PROGRAM? WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF CONTRIBUTING FINANCIALLY TO WATCH TALK FORUMS?

Last year we started rolling out our brand new Patron Program. This program is designed to provide a lot of added value to our Patron Program Members, with MANY new and positive benefits for them, including:
  • NEW and EXCITING system functionality - the "My Watch Box" feature which allows you to showcase your collection for all to see!
  • Special pricing and discounts which WTF Forum Sponsors will ONLY make available to WTF Patron Program Members!!!
  • Special pricing and discounts which WTF Forum Sponsors will ONLY make available to WTF Patron Program Members!!!
  • Exciting drawings and giveaways for watches and watch related accessories which will only be available for Patron Program members!
  • Sales Forum posting privileges - Since the start of this year only Patron Program members and Forum Sponsors are permitted to post in the Sales Forum.

To join the WTF Patron Program, click here.

PANERISTI "GTG" AT THE BEVERLY HILLS PANERAI BOUTIQUE

WTF Panerai Forum Admin Team member Pog760 participated in a small Get Together of Panerai fans at the Beverly Hills Panerai Boutique and got lots of great pictures - click here to go the the discussion thread.

INTERVIEW WITH STEFAN JOHANSSON

I had the pleasure of conducting an interview with F1 Racing legend, and now watch manufacturer Stefan Johansson. To read the fascinating interview, please click here.

DECEMBER ARRIVALS

If you've received a watch in December, please post a picture or a link to your "Incoming!" thread here: https://www.watchtalkforums.info/foru...orum/45844.htm. Keep an eye out for our annual End of the Year SOTC thread in the General Discussion Forum some time around Christmas too.

THE END OF THE YEAR....ALREADY?

Amazingly, this is the final newsletter of 2010 - a pivotal, huge year for WATCH TALK FORUMS! We now have over 16,000 registered members!!! I made the decision to cut back on my freelance magazine work, and dedicate all my journalistic efforts to WATCH TALK FORUMS! As a result, I've posted more reviews, trip reports, and other articles here than ever before! If that wasn't enough, I decided to start another website dedicated to photography, as well as some of my other non-watch related interests called ThruMyLens. I also completely redesigned both The Seamaster Reference Page and The Rolex Reference Page at LuxuryTyme.com. I get tired just thinking about all that work!

All of this could not be possible without the small army of volunteers who serve the WATCH TALK FORUMS community. I hope you'll take a moment of your time to stop by your favorite discussion forum here on WTF, and post a note of "THANK YOU" to the Admin Team members responsible for that forum. A special "thank you" goes out to the WTF Systems Administrator "Greg" who helps out with all our IT needs. This site simply couldn't function without his expertise and dedication. Thanks Greg!!

Many have noticed a bit of a slow down in posts in some of the forums. Much posting activity centers around the thrill and enthusiasm expressed when someone purchases a new watch. Thanks to the prevailing economic conditions, many folks have slowed down considerably in their new watch purchases. However, our traffic numbers remain quite high - increasing every month in fact. This tells me that even though not everyone can afford to buy watches like they once could, they still want to read about them.

It's been a tough year economically for many of us around the world. Many members of WTF have shared that they have have taken pay cuts, or lost jobs altogether. Please remember those who are facing difficult times during your prayers this holiday season. If you could use some extra prayers for you or someone you care about, feel free to head over to the Community Forum, and post something in the Prayer Thread.

As we approach the world wide celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, let me take this opportunity to wish each and every one of you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Tags: <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: tagbit_wrapper -->

december,

newsletter,

watch talk forums

11x11progress.gif
<!-- END TEMPLATE: tagbit_wrapper -->

1 - 1 of 1 Posts