WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to sleeves and collars, my new Potger Pietri was sitting in my passenger seat today enroute to the jewelers for sizing. On the way, I was involved in a traffic collision. The watch flew off my passenger seat, and cracked my windshield from the inside. The Potger Pietri survived surprisingly well. My Police Interceptor did not. Being the watch enthusiast that I am, I still got it sized today!

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
First I'm happy to hear everyone's OK. Secondly you should have been ticketed for watch abuse. Buckle that baby up next time!:001_tt2:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
where does one find these potger pietri watches I keep hearing about?
According to the buzz, these watches are marketed by Invicta who also issues the warranty.

Word is that they are available on the TV somewhere.

Could find no negative feedback, except from non-owners who have a bad taste in their mouths because of Invicta CS and QC problems.

Glad you're not hurt banned. Take it easy though, my experience proves that even fender benders can cause some seriously sore muscles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
well i looked on "that shopping network" and I can't find them under "watch brands" or by searching the name, a couple of the pictures I've seen have caught my interest though.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
well i looked on "that shopping network" and I can't find them under "watch brands" or by searching the name, a couple of the pictures I've seen have caught my interest though.

sold out there but available at that online spot that also sells books.

·
Registered
16,743 Posts
Glad you and the watch are okay!

Isn't that the famous "Earthquake" watch? It was found - still running - under tons of rubble after a quake destroyed the factory.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Glad you and the watch are okay!

Isn't that the famous "Earthquake" watch? It was found - still running - under tons of rubble after a quake destroyed the factory.

and of course you refer to Clerc.....

·
Registered
309 Posts
POPO interceptors are SWEET!

PP is nice too! :001_tongue:

Glad to see your collision wasn't so bad to keep you from doing what was important.:biggrin:

·
Banned
2,860 Posts
banned, sorry about your car? Does your watch have insurance to cover the windshield damage it inflicted?:001_tongue:

So I gotta ask, what's with the Police Interceptor? I met a guy two weeks ago when I was getting my oil changed at Jiffy Lube who also has a former CHP Police Interceptor. He said he never got a speeding ticket in California, even when he blew by the real CHP.

That's one whomping engine in those cars!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Wish I could find my pics and scan them of my crash in 1998...I hit a cow doing 60mph.

When the air bag blew, it blew my left hand (and watch) through the passenger side window shattering the window, damaging my wrist but no damage to my Casio G-Shock!

·
Banned
9,123 Posts
Wish I could find my pics and scan them of my crash in 1998...I hit a cow doing 60mph.

When the air bag blew, it blew my left hand (and watch) through the passenger side window shattering the window, damaging my wrist but no damage to my Casio G-Shock!
:scared: :scared: ACK! I did not realize that air bags were that powerful. Thankfully, everything is ok.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
banned, sorry about your car? Does your watch have insurance to cover the windshield damage it inflicted?:001_tongue:

So I gotta ask, what's with the Police Interceptor? I met a guy two weeks ago when I was getting my oil changed at Jiffy Lube who also has a former CHP Police Interceptor. He said he never got a speeding ticket in California, even when he blew by the real CHP.

That's one whomping engine in those cars!
I am a former police officer turned Fed. When I retired from my department, I was allowed to keep my take-home car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts