WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to buy a Khaki, but I think I might want to replace the canvas straps with a nice waterproof leather strap. Is this easy to do? Are the brands of straps that I should look into? Does anybody sell genuine Hamilton straps?

Thanks

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
I'm sure that a Hamilton AD can get a Hamilton strap.
There are also forum sponsors with a great selection.
I have always been hapy with the Watch Prince.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Another option to go on the Khakis would be genuine US Military or NATO straps. They're water-proof and super endurable, but have a very distinct look. I always worn my beadblasted Khaki on a standard one-piece US Military strap.

Seeing as how Hamilton puts leather padding on the inside of their canvas straps, it somewhat defeats the purpose of having a canvas strap...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Take a look at Maratec ZULU straps. That's what I have on my Khaki that you liked in the G.I. Joe photos.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'd like to buy a Khaki, but I think I might want to replace the canvas straps with a nice waterproof leather strap. Is this easy to do? Are the brands of straps that I should look into? Does anybody sell genuine Hamilton straps?

Thanks
There are literally thousands of aftermarket straps that you can buy and yes they are easy to install. If you are not handy, any watch repair person can install one for you in a couple of minutes.

Yes you can get straps from Hamilton dealers and from my understanding they are priced quite reasonably, although I do not think there are any waterproof leather ones that are OEM Hamiltons. The only waterproof Hamilton straps that I know of are the rubber ones used on the Khaki Scuba or Navy.

Most common strap brands are Hirsch, Hadley-Roma, DiModell, deBeers, etc.

·
Registered
146 Posts

Thanks
Mcnutt you can find some oem hamilton bands here:

(PLEASE NOTE: Posting of non-sponsor url's is against forum rules even though I don't believe any of our sponsors sell OEM Hamilton straps. It is best to PM another member with this information)
From Rusty on 2/12/08

Note: Moderators if a do something wrong posting this link, correct me please!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mcnutt you can find some oem hamilton bands here:

(PLEASE NOTE: Posting of non-sponsor url's is against forum rules even though I don't believe any of our sponsors sell OEM Hamilton straps. It is best to PM another member with this information)
From Rusty on 2/12/08

Note: Moderators if a do something wrong posting this link, correct me please!!
Sorry Rusty!!

:sad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts