WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a really nice, classy watch storage box?

I want one that has space for other misc bits like cuff links, tie clips etc....

I suppose I could buy one with more watch spaces than I need and remove some of the cushions and use the space as a simple tray?

Anyway any suggestions as to where to look?

Thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I received one from bed, bath and beyond as a Christmas present and it is quite nice.

Considering the reasonable price, I may purchase an extra one before EOW.

(Note: I took out the link since it violates forum rules - boscoe)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies.

I've tried the watch prince but they don't have anything that fits my bill that I like.

I've looked at the other one but I really would prefer a nice wooden box but thanks for the heads up:thumbup1:

Any more?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Do you have any Bombay Stores in a shopping mall around you?

They usually have some nice boxes and usually have them on sale.

I know a lot of them are closing so you may catch a deal.

I got this one there for about $40. Holds 6 watches and has a space for other items.

·
Registered
371 Posts
With Bombay going out of business you can get that exact box that Max has for about $30.00 if there's any left. Most of their merchandise is 50% off since they're closing in a few days for good.

Budman

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Make sure that you call The Watch Prince and ask them what they have. I noticed some items there that I hadn't seen on their website.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Make sure that you call The Watch Prince and ask them what they have. I noticed some items there that I hadn't seen on their website.
Good advise.. They don't always have everything on the website, and they may be able to special order others... :thumbup1:

·
Banned
9,135 Posts
Just figured out the answer is yes. Whereas, according to their statement, the sales may end soon, especially if they are staying open. I wonder if they are going to liquidate old inventory, pay off debts, then re-stock the stores are different prices. Not familiar how CH 11 works though.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
Just figured out the answer is yes. Whereas, according to their statement, the sales may end soon, especially if they are staying open. I wonder if they are going to liquidate old inventory, pay off debts, then re-stock the stores are different prices. Not familiar how CH 11 works though.
They're liquidating all assets to pay off their creditors. The stores are selling everything not part of the building - literally. Product, display stands, counters, etc. The money from the assets will go to an account, and the court will determine through what will surely be a complex, unintelligible formula how much goes to each creditor.

There's different types of corporate bankruptcy. Some good for businesses(like the Airlines running to bankruptcy court to redo all their contracts and such on their whim) and some bad for companies (like this one) where they will cease to operate completely.

As far as Bombay is concerned, they are closing stores at anytime with no notice to staffs (other than maybe 1 day) & moving the inventory to another to keep from having just a few items at one store, any paying 2 (or more) staffs to sell the products.

One word of caution to anyone buying their stuff thru the sales. You will find some good deals, but you'll have no returns, no exchanges and no warranty on whatever you buy....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts