WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Congrats on completing another box, Vim203. Wonderful craftsmanship, and such an extensive collection.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
How cool they are all running! Do you change batteries all at once or are they spread out over the year? One a week?
They have all been serviced over the last month or so and have been running for at least a week to ensure no problems arise. The batteries will now be removed for long term storage of the watches. I have a big push on to get nearly all my 2180, 218D, 2181 and 2182s restored so I can rearrange them in boxes into a logical order.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Vim203, your watch cases are stunning. Where do you get the exotic wood? I've been tempted to make myself a watch case as I have too many just sitting in a desk drawer, and some of those are worth a few $$$.

I bet you could sell some of those cases and cover the cost of a new Accutron for the collection. Very nice work.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Here is my latest group of restored 218s. The box is Rewarewa (Knightia excelsa) a New Zealand tree in the Proteaceae family. Included is my collection of RRs one of which has an RR type dial but without any lettering. Also my doctor's pulsation. Sorry the photography doesn't do justice to the watches. Garry
DSC03138.jpg DSC03139.jpg DSC03140.jpg

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Garry, the box is fantastic. Love the figure on it. An excellent way to show off your collection. And what a collection it is! Likely one of the largest collections of 218's for sure. I see some in there that I have and favor, and so many more. Nicely done!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
My latest box houses all my caliber 2183s and models with sweated on woven bands plus a number of other 2182s. The box is made of Golden Wattle,( Acacia decurrens). These are Australian trees which grew on my previous property. There are a large number of species of Acacias, most of which have beautiful timber . Unfortunately these are nearly always cut up for firewood in New Zealand. I wish I was better at photographing watches!
Garry

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Fantastic, Garry! Always enjoyed checking out your watch boxes, and of course your collection.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Here's my latest box which is made from Tulip Tree wood (Liriodendron tulipifera). As you may know this is a North American tree sometimes called Yellow Poplar, though not related to Poplars. The box houses all my Swiss reflector and what I call pseudo reflector watches. These latter superficially look as though they have separate reflectors, although they do not. This collection, all near mint, looks stunning but is not helped by my crap photography.
Garry
DSC03250.jpg
DSC03253.jpg
DSC03255.jpg
DSC03250.jpg
DSC03253.jpg
DSC03255.jpg

·
Registered
365 Posts
Here's my latest box which is made from Tulip Tree wood (Liriodendron tulipifera). As you may know this is a North American tree sometimes called Yellow Poplar, though not related to Poplars. The box houses all my Swiss reflector and what I call pseudo reflector watches. These latter superficially look as though they have separate reflectors, although they do not. This collection, all near mint, looks stunning but is not helped by my crap photography.
Garry View attachment 225474 View attachment 225475 View attachment 225476 View attachment 225474 View attachment 225475 View attachment 225476 View attachment 225474 View attachment 225475 View attachment 225476
Is that a long roll, or individual pillows for each watch? It’s stunning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 56 of 56 Posts