WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello guys!

Thinking of getting something new in the near future but have a problem since I got a smaller wrist, so everything thats 42mm+ or does not have "curved" lugs will not suit me.

For instance the STEINHART OCEAN vintage Military looks PERFECT! But it is 42mm and has "straight" lugs so it would seem as if I was wearing an even larger watch.

Invicta 8932 (or if I'm mistaken with the model number I meant "the legend" model 8926) which is 39-40mm without the crown fits me perfectly, but I already got that one.

Might even think of getting the Invicta Swiss made one with coined bezel (might be 9937OB model, but it says it's also 42mm). Is it really 42mm or is it smaller - the same as "the legend"?

So, I was wondering if there is some other watch which isn't too big which you could recommend.

Price: $ 300, but I might open up more if I really like it. And it doesn't have to be a diver, but I'd prefer one.

Thanks a lot :)

Alex

·
Super Moderator
15,641 Posts
The Mako by ORIENT. It's practically identical to the Steinhart, it's 41mm (they may have a smaller size- check out their website), they make their own auto movements, many current and former members swear by the brand, and you'll save enough to buy a good quality short strap if that's how you want to roll.

I have an Orient and have to admit it is astonishingly accurate for what I paid.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The Invicta 9937OB case is exactly 40mm but measures 48mm lug to lug and 44mm at the crown. The Invicta is also heavy for its size but well made. A great watch if you can ware it. It will be hard to find anything smaller. Even the Seiko and Orient dive watches are larger but the Seiko with the crown at the 4, they may be more comfortable on the wrist.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it's battle between Orient Mako with blue dial and Invicta 9937OB for now. :)

Orient: thick, heavy, solid steel links... even has the day indicator which I like very much.
Invicta: Swiss movement, maybe slightly better bracelet, and a bit smaller in size which might suit me better. Twice the price of Orient, though. Hmm...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts