WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
DOXA Dirk Pitt

The original Professional -
as worn by adventurer extraordinaire Dirk Pitt!
Price: About $2000

You may never walk in Dirk's shoes, but now you can wear his watch. The DOXA 750T Professional Dirk Pitt is everything that was great about the original Professional of 1967, reinterpreted in a larger, more modern version.

A brief history - DOXA made the first orange faced diving watch back in 1967 and this year we celebrate 40 years of the Orange-Mania! Clive Cussler has worn his Orange DOXA SUB on over 60 of his successful expeditions around the world since 1968. Dirk Pitt and his real-life alter-ego - Clive Cussler have been loyal DOXA customers since the DOXA SUB first surfaced back in the 1960s.

The DOXA SUB 750T Professional Dirk Pitt is a reinterpretation of the original 1967 DOXA SUB. It combines the style of the original Professional in a more modern, slightly larger size. We have used a 44 mm case, and a flat sapphire crystal to provide a more modern look and feel. In addition, we've designed a gloss orange dial, utilizing a classic white superluminova for the markers and hands. The 750T Professional also boasts the iconic "dwarf" hour hand.

Beauty is more than skin deep - maybe 750 meters deep? - The 750T Professional is more than a modern looking DOXA SUB. It IS a modern SUB in terms of its increased depth rating and dimensions. While this is a watch that looks great "on deck", it is when you take it down beneath the surface that
The real beauty of the 750T shines through.

STANDARD EQUIPMENT FOR DIRK PITT,
AND ADVENTURERS EVERYWHERE!

DOXA IS A SPONSOR OF WTF. THIS INFORMATION & photo WAS TAKEN FROM ITS WEBSITE

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
Although I think it's a great looking watch and would love to own one it seems to me that they all look the same (I guess I'll only need one) and are too expensive.
I should have taken the plunge a couple years ago when they were reasonabley priced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts