WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edox Men's Limited Edition Maitre Horloger Automatic Crocodile Strap Watch
Price: $10,000

Limited Edition! This timeless watch will definitely be one of the highlights of your collection because it showcases the true art of watchmaking from Edox. The round stainless steel case with exhibition back features a crown uniquely set at the 2:00 position. The fully skeletonized dial has been pressed and embossed through a detailed process to achieve a three dimensional look and is protected by a scratch-proof sapphire crystal. Blue hour and minute hands create a distinct contrast with the dial as well. The white outer dial has the logo and "Edox" etched at 12:00 silver-tone dot index markers at all remaining hour positions.

This limited edition watch of 50 features a Dubois Depraz DK87 21 jewel, 42 hour power reserve mechanical automatic movement that is hand engraved and decorated with a floral pattern. The movement is equipped with two tiny hammers; one hammer strikes by the hour and the other hammer strikes every five minutes in a different tone. The ringer mechanism can be activated by means of a small button at the bottom of the case at 6:00.

# Strap: Genuine crocodile
# Movement: Swiss Dubois Depraz DK87 Mechanical Automatic 21-Jewel
# Crystal: Sapphire
# Crown: Push/pull
# Clasp: Push button dual deployant
# Strap Measurements: 9-1/2" L x 22m W
# Case Measurements: 45mm
# Water Resistance: 5 ATM - 50 meters - 165 feet
# Model Number: EDOX-87001.3SQ.AINS

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Okay, so it's a minute repeater. Cool - but it's fugly! Not for 10K - not for free.

This watch isn't one of Edox finest styles, though I'm sure it's an engineering marvel.

·
Registered
20,799 Posts
excellent price point for a minute repeater.. But, as stated uglier than {insert your own punch line here} :eek:hmy:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
There will be only 50 pieces produced, so I guess that could account to some degree for the high price.

I think it's ugly, too, but not necessarily more ugly than any skeleton watch I ever seen.

Skeletons are interesting to look at, but not for telling time.

To each his own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts