WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To learn more about the history of this fine brand, visit WTF's Rolex Forum. You don't have to own a Rolex or a Tudor to drop by!

ROLEX SUBMARINER 18K YELLOW GOLD 16808 NEW BAND 1981
Price: 8999 euros

18K yellow golden Rolex Submariner with blue dial and bezel. This is one of the first 1680/8's, which was the model after the golden 1680, equipped with sapphire glass and date quickset. The serial number is 734XXXX, which indicates a 1981 production. The watch has been serviced in 2004, where it received a new 18K Oysterband. Also renewed are the dial and hands. Comes with inner and outer box and with the rare golden 300m/1000ft anchor plus Schaap & Citroen receipt to make it water sealed and for 2 golden pushpins. Also included is service letter from Rolex.*

·
Registered
16,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My all-time fave Coronet - even if it is, well, a bit loud with all that gold bling.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
One day..........what a great watch....I agree, if everyone new the DETAILS & MATERIAL that Rolex goes through to make a watch more would understand it is much more than advertising.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Wow! Another homage to the big fromage! When will watch houses start coming out with original designs??? :001_tt2:

Somebody was bound to say it, I'm sorry it was me.

Beautiful piece. I'm not a big fan of gold, but that's beautiful.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts