WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just thinking about something...we're up to the M50-something watches already. I think the numbering is getting a little, um, confusing. When we were down in the single digits, or even the 20s, it wasn't too bad, but at the rate LT is going, they'll be on the M98 and M99 in a couple of years. Plus, chronos, Tungstens and SS's are all mixed into the range.

Dunno if Chris has thought about this one, but I think it may be an issue to address in the next year or so. Maybe sub-ranges like Mq, Mt, Ms or something like that. Actually, MXXy would probably work better, like M12q or M13t, etc.

Just something to think about...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
:scared: " ...that way madness lies..." :biggrin: ...and I reckon Chris and Bes have method to their madness without us adding to it. :blink:

I certainly agree -- it's getting a little bit confusing, but I'm not sure anything we add in the form of a customer community consensus will reduce that.

One thing I'd really like to see is some type of model specification archive -- either here, or preferably on the LT site (maybe as an adjunct to the LÜM-TEC museum photo gallery) to help those of us with early models and poor memories :blushing:, and those wishing to buy them.

Reactions: mvk666

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree that the system is confusing. All it would take is for M automatics to be designated as MA50, for example -- whereas, M Tungstens would use a convention like MT24. I honestly think that a minor revamp of that sort would be very helpful.

I would also love to see the LT Website incorporate a "catalog" of all Lum-Tecs produced to date. It would be great if these could be grouped according to style of watch -- i.e., all Combats in one section, all MAutos in one section, all M Tungstens in one section, etc. It would also be great if there could be captions under the photos that tell the name of the watch at a glance (instead of having to scroll over the photo with the mouse before this information is visible). This really would be a great addition to the Website!

Cheers,
Jazz

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just had a different thought...

Since LT has already marketed its watches under particular model names/numbers, perhaps adding a designation at the end would be helpful and would preserve LT's existing system. Using my above examples, the M50 would be the M50-A, or the M24 would be the M24-T. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,866 Posts
Just had a different thought...

Since LT has already marketed its watches under particular model names/numbers, perhaps adding a designation at the end would be helpful and would preserve LT's existing system. Using my above examples, the M50 would be the M50-A, or the M24 would be the M24-T. :wink:
We cannot really re-name watches that are already on the market, already engraved, and many are already sold out :) We just put them into different categories on the website so they should be easy enough to find what you are looking for. I can see how it would be confusing if we just had one M series category but we have them seperated into M chrono, M tungsten and M auto. Next year there will be a few other categories as well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We cannot really re-name watches that are already on the market, already engraved, and many are already sold out :) We just put them into different categories on the website so they should be easy enough to find what you are looking for. I can see how it would be confusing if we just had one M series category but we have them seperated into M chrono, M tungsten and M auto. Next year there will be a few other categories as well.

I didn't mean to suggest that you rename existing watches. But I think it's going to be a problem going forward, and newer models would benefit from a name change, IMHO. When the M135 is a tungsten version and the M136 is a cobalt version, it won't be easy to keep them straight.

A related issue that's a little easier to solve...on the "Availability" page on the website, you should make each watch name into a link. Otherwise, there's no easy way to tell where to go to find the watches on the list. I'm speaking from experience here.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cobalt and Carbon Fiber will come later. Not ready yet :)
Thx for the conformation :wink:

But seriously ... i'm really looking forward to the Cobalt Chromium.
I think it's a nice looking material, perfect for watch making.
I can't wait to see a result in the form of a concept drawing or photo.
But i can wait :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm really not sure what is confusing about the current system. I'm pretty sure if naming watches becomes an issue, Lum-Tec will be able to figure it out.

I didn't mean to suggest that you rename existing watches. But I think it's going to be a problem going forward, and newer models would benefit from a name change, IMHO. When the M135 is a tungsten version and the M136 is a cobalt version, it won't be easy to keep them straight.

A related issue that's a little easier to solve...on the "Availability" page on the website, you should make each watch name into a link. Otherwise, there's no easy way to tell where to go to find the watches on the list. I'm speaking from experience here.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm really not sure what is confusing about the current system. I'm pretty sure if naming watches becomes an issue, Lum-Tec will be able to figure it out.
Here's an example. Look here: Lum Tec, LLC

And then tell me what kind of watch an M36 is and what kind an M42 is. Or an M20.

Say that I just posted something here about how I love my new M42 (which I probably did post when I got it right after they were released). You can't easily find that watch on the Lüm-Tec website, unless you knew that it was an Automatic stainless steel watch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts