WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
relatively long time I am looking clock similar to welder k24
I am looking for a cheaper version, it could be a Chinese version but not Shark watch.
can someone help me please? :)
Tnx.

·
Registered
520 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum.
I'm not much of an authority on Welders, as a matter of fact, I'm in the "why would you wear such a huge watch" camp, but I don't see anything "wrong" with them, other than being a little pricey for quartz with a mineral crystal (mineral crystals have no place in any watch over $250 IMO). What, specifically, is it about them that attracts you? I ask, because that could lead to good suggestions on less expensive watches for you to look into. Maybe something from Fossil, or Diesel?

Cliff

·
Registered
10 Posts
Other suggestions?

I actually love the way the Welder k29 looks!! Any suggestions on a less exspensive watch with the same look. Maybe even an Auto?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
First off, welcome to the forum.
I'm not much of an authority on Welders, as a matter of fact, I'm in the "why would you wear such a huge watch" camp, but I don't see anything "wrong" with them, other than being a little pricey for quartz with a mineral crystal (mineral crystals have no place in any watch over $250 IMO). What, specifically, is it about them that attracts you? I ask, because that could lead to good suggestions on less expensive watches for you to look into. Maybe something from Fossil, or Diesel?

Cliff
Thank you for your fast response.
I'm on the forum a couple of years but only once wrote;)
I have nothing against Welder' I very like it buy their price is too much for me :crying:
I'm also like u-boat cos its similar design but they are more expensive.
Of course I can buy a replica but do not want to fool myself :001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Looking at the Welder K24 line, they're several models to choose from. I think Diesel has some models that looks similar to several, but if it's the "3505 K24 chrono" your lusting after, I don't know of anything less expensive like it. That's the only one they make that really has any appeal to me, I'm a sucker for "bullhead chronographs".... if That's what gets your interest, check out '70s vintage Citizen chronos. They are well made, relatively large (40+mm) and are surprisingly inexpensive, especially for a mechanical chrono!

Attachments

·
Registered
520 Posts
If it's the oil drum screwed over the crown look you're going after, you could do a search for "Russian diver's watch". There are quite a few variants by several brands... even Invicta makes a line of Russian styled divers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it's the oil drum screwed over the crown look you're going after, you could do a search for "Russian diver's watch". There are quite a few variants by several brands... even Invicta makes a line of Russian styled divers.
I've seen these models and I even have a Invicta watch:

I do not really like the Russian diver
there is a similar watches TW STELL, but they also i do not like very much.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
I'm a fan of the russian diver line, I have two of them, I personally really like them, they are rather big, but they wear well, and they will make a statement for sure, here are my two

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I think I found what I was searching for:
Invicta Men's 6916 Corduba Collection Interceptor Chronograph

Invicta Mens Corduba Collection Elegant Chronograph Black Dial Rubber Watch 1140

Mens Invicta 0756 Corduba Interceptor GMT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts