WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a Student at University conducting research for a project based around timepieces, and consumer spending habits. I've made a hobby out of watches in my last few years (not a cheap hobby for a student... I know). I was wondering if those of you who have the time would be able to take a quick survey. I turned to Forums as I believe those invested in these forums can give me the best insight into mindset behind a watch collector, and how this has an impact on further spending within the industry. As you can see many of the questions revolve around watch boxes, as I am trying to understand further purchasing in the Watch market, based off an initial hobby. Any responses are much appreciated and if you have any other fellow watch nerds pass it on! Please feel free to ignore this post if you wouldn't like to contribute!
Here's the link: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/GQ93YBW
I appreciate any help provided. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
16,539 Posts
I would have participated, but I felt the survey expected us to hold our watch boxes in some mystical esteem. Such would be utterly ridiculous in my world. I don't consider them important horological accessories (I have 3 and am looking for a 4th one that matches the other 3.) Each box provides for 18 watches, and they are strictly utilitarian. I use them simply to keep the dust out of and off of them. I paid a monstrously whopping $19 for each (they were FACTORY REJECTS and I refuse to pay much more for a 4th one...hence the on-going search.

P.S.: If the survey had more questions, or allowed for fuller explanations, this comment would not have been necessary.
Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts