WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1542 came with a yellow box and no cloth,I read somewhere that the Reserve Pro Divers came with a black box and cloth. Did I get short changed?

·
Super Moderator
4,743 Posts
In my experience, the polishing cloth is very hit and miss. Most of my new Invicta's from several different sources did not have a polishing coth. The reserve items are a little better. About 75% of my reserve watches came with a cloth.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
It all depends upon where you purchased your watch from. Some of their Sunday Run reserve watches that will ship in a yellow box. Normally when you purchase from a reputable dealer (does not include eBay) such as the discount watch store you would receive a black box with your reserve timepiece.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Watch box and cloth

I guess I'll have to use a real dealer for my next watch instead of e-bay,or isn't the box and cloth that big of a deal.

·
Premium Member
1,512 Posts
When I first started collecting I kept every box and every paper that came with every watch I purchased. When they started to pile up I realized that, to me, they're not really necessary. Don't get me wrong I still keep alot of the watch boxes but only to be used for potential sales later. When you offer a used watch for sale, I believe, you garner more interest and a higher potential pricewhen offered with a watch box and paperwork. So in a nutshell, my opinion is the box and polishing cloths are disposable. I'm also not a big fan of those cloths they include. I prefer to use an eye glass cleaning cloth to clean all of my watches. Now this is just my personal opinion and how I handle it. If you are planning to maintain a smaller collection, have more storage space, and are willing to store empty boxes more power to you.

Of course when dealing with higher end brands I would keep everything.

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I first started collecting I kept every box and every paper that came with every watch I purchased. When they started to pile up I realized that, to me, they're not really necessary. Don't get me wrong I still keep alot of the watch boxes but only to be used for potential sales later. When you offer a used watch for sale, I believe, you garner more interest and a higher potential pricewhen offered with a watch box and paperwork. So in a nutshell, my opinion is the box and polishing cloths are disposable. I'm also not a big fan of those cloths they include. I prefer to use an eye glass cleaning cloth to clean all of my watches. Now this is just my personal opinion and how I handle it. If you are planning to maintain a smaller collection, have more storage space, and are willing to store empty boxes more power to you.

Of course when dealing with higher end brands I would keep everything.
Yes this is what I do too. Once I know I'm keeping a watch and I've sized it down, I throw the box out. I have a few higher end watches and I've kept those boxes. But most of my watches are Invictas and other more popular priced brands....

For cleaning , I use a microfiber cloth to wipe my watches down.

Sometimes I keep those little cushions, a few brands fit in my watch box and can serve as replacements when they wear out.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Watch boxes

I don't have a big collection,but now I won't worry about the boxes anymore.

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts