WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you know there are some ebay sellers who will not send O.S under any circumstance. I've never had any problem with our mail system and to my knowledge we are easy to send to. And it can be annoying when it is something you are really after, or a good price or whatever.

I have a couple of possibles at the moment that I'm looking at that will not send o.s. Also, there is someone who has inexplicably stopped responding to me and I want the watch he was going to sell me!

If there is any Member out there who would be interested in/done before being a buyer/sender to that is Staes based and then a sender to Aust? Clearly there is some effort and time involved so I'm not looking for a favour. Something could be worked out. It's probably two or three items that are maybes.

There is absolutely no expectation from me at all from anyone, trust me. So no thinking "I should help the poor bloke out..."

It'll be more trouble for you than it's worth probably and you certainly won't get rich!!!! :biggrin:

Oh and if this is not quite kosher on the forum, (really, it wouldn't be much of a financial proposition...) let me know and I'll ditch it. :wink:

Drop me a message maybe if you have done it before for someone.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I considered making this a private message but decided to respond in case anybody else has any input.
I don't really know much about the mechanics about how this would work but I think Id give it a try. I assume that you would have me buy the item based on a price on which you have decided and then ship it to you there in oz in return for which you would reimburse me for the item and shipping costs. As to payment, would you be reimbursing me in American dollars and how would that be done ?
I would accept no profit or handling fee and would only do this with relatively inexpensive items.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Another thought: Perhaps you could pay for the item but have it shipped to one of us. We would then ship it to you. That way the intermediary wouldn't have to put out much of their own money. Involves an element of trust, I know, but that could probably be worked out. Our eBay rating could be one factor in establishing trust.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Another thought: Perhaps you could pay for the item but have it shipped to one of us. We would then ship it to you. That way the intermediary wouldn't have to put out much of their own money. .
Good idea Oliver ... "But" Most e-bay sellers will only send to a confirmed address that has been reviewed by PayPal and found to be safe based on information related to the address - for example, if a buyer's credit card billing address and postal address are the same.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Good idea Oliver ... "But" Most e-bay sellers will only send to a confirmed address that has been reviewed by PayPal and found to be safe based on information related to the address - for example, if a buyer's credit card billing address and postal address are the same.
Yeah, thought about that but perhaps it could be negotiated with the seller.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Wow guys thanks for putting thought into it!!

Look, I'd put $XXXX in your account (to cover up to max bid + the worst kind of postage + a good handling fee) to easily cover it, i'd tell you the max bid, you'd put it on and see if you/we win. We work out the balance/postage/handling later (or more likely and better, before).

It'd be kind of like betting with other peoples money!!!! :cool1:

Or if it is a buy now, much easier all round. (One is a Woody........:drool:)

But seriously...my stuff isn't 18KT M0 Alphas and such......and I know packing stuff can be a pain. And finding parking and missing the ****** lights three times to send that idiot aussie his ****** watch for enough money to barely buy a six-pack with....

I'm easy going, more than fair, make things easy, but also believe you should be at least compensated for effort +

And really, I'm talking about a watch thats already gone, a couple of bands, this **** woody, and a decent M0 that isnt a million dollars and maybe something else.....It's not high level stuff.

i really do want this Woody..mines breaking....:scared:

But there's a (sort of..) opportunity for someone out there. Dunno if you make a $$$ out of it.... LAte Edit: I re-read this and it sounds like I mean out of me! I don't mean that. I'm thinking that there must be other people in diff countries who want to buy stuff in US but can't access. I dunno how'd you'd make a profit out of all that trouble for a hobby/business. Who knows?

I can't TELL you how many really really hard to find watches or such I had to pass on because of the no overseas and no ship to any address other than the pay pal address thing. 48 States only (no matter you plead individually). It breaks my heart the things I've missed. I doubt I'm alone....

·
Registered
638 Posts
I've have arranged for watches to be sent to repairers before they get to me. Works well especially in the States as the post can be cheap and you have a great range of repairers for all brands. I simply pay for services and post and sit back and wait. This actually saved me getting a couple of duds and allowed me to negotiate with the vendors.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I'm going to continue to make this public for now because of the thought some people are putting into it.
I can't blame you for wanting a Woody, a Woody is on my list of watches to add to the collection but, for now, I continue to use my watch budget to buy gold Accutrons to keep them from being melted.
For me to go to the post office is no problem, I live just a few minutes of light traffic from one.
If you want to tell me, by private message, which watch you want and a ceiling on how much you would want me to bid, I will try to buy it. I would then find out how much to ship it to you and, then, when you have paid it, I would send it to you. This would require you to trust me but I've been on this forum for several years and have posted quite a bit and I'm not going anywhere. My payment will be to get to hold a Woody in my hand for a little while.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I'm going to continue to make this public for now because of the thought some people are putting into it.
I can't blame you for wanting a Woody, a Woody is on my list of watches to add to the collection but, for now, I continue to use my watch budget to buy gold Accutrons to keep them from being melted.
For me to go to the post office is no problem, I live just a few minutes of light traffic from one.
If you want to tell me, by private message, which watch you want and a ceiling on how much you would want me to bid, I will try to buy it. I would then find out how much to ship it to you and, then, when you have paid it, I would send it to you. This would require you to trust me but I've been on this forum for several years and have posted quite a bit and I'm not going anywhere. My payment will be to get to hold a Woody in my hand for a little while.
You're a legend mate! :thumbup:

Thanks for your kind offer of time and trouble. :wink:

My bloody Woddy seems to have gone. Listing deleted. It was on Craigslist......(dodgy??) I had someone else check it after seller stopped responding and he said it was available but then seller didn't respond to him either. We got to $225 from $275 in good nick and running. I thought it was cheap at that but don't usually haggle so had a go - and there was an v v v nice one on bay that went for $300 at same time...

I accepted his offer (didnt pay money) but heard no more, despite a few promptings. Sigh.....

Though by the sounds, I'm not sure I could have safely sent it to you anyway. It may have gone 'missing' :001_tt2:

Thanks again mate. I might be in touch.... :thumbup1:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.