WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
......If you guys don't hear from me for a couple of days ....it's because I scored a huge ( 89, about 34 of them mens) batch of mechnical vintage watches ....and there's some promising looking fellows in the group.......

So I am gonna be sitting by the mailbox staring down that country road, waiting for the maillady....

*goes off to stare at the mailbox*

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I'd be lying if I said that I have never stared out the front bay window stalking down the mailman ! ! ! ! !

If I keep the window open in my office/shop I can hear him coming down the street.

These postal service cut backs are killing me ! ! ! !

He used to get here BEFORE 11am everyday but now it's a crap shoot, somewhere between noon and 5pm, I HATE it ! ! ! !

I feel your pain ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
I've decided that, on balance, USPS online tracking is a tool of the Devil.

When I've got something cool coming in - like I do now - I check and re-check it multiple times a day. :sad:

Then, if it's 'Out for Delivery' on a weekend, I spend all day Saturday checking and rechecking the mailbox, not going out and doing stuff. :blink:

If it's on a weekday, it distracts me from work and makes me want to leave early. :001_rolleyes:

If I get home and it's not there (as one was on Monday), I'm crushed and I become convinced that it's been delivered to somebody else, who won't be decent enough to return it ('Hey, honey! Look at this nice watch I just got for free from some chump named Doug Smith!'). :crying:

It's EVIL! EEEEEVILLL, I tell 'ee!! :cursing:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Not To Worry

I just tracked your package. The driver stopped for a margarita. Be sure to give him a tip. He could use the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
.....Awwww...... I knew that if anyone would understand it would be you guys .......

*pace pace pace......stop and stare out the window at the mailbox .......pace pace pace *

·
Registered
172 Posts
.....Awwww...... I knew that if anyone would understand it would be you guys .......

*pace pace pace......stop and stare out the window at the mailbox .......pace pace pace *
Meanwhile Occupy Sausalito is causing major delays.

Attachments

Reactions: HamiltonIllinois

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
The sickest part of this is....

We are ALL thinking about this package the same way!!!

I am excited FOR you!

Post immediately!!!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
The sickest part of this is....

We are ALL thinking about this package the same way!!!

I am excited FOR you!

Post immediately!!!!
Yes, please do. I got squat for Christmas.:glare:

Reactions: salleh

·
Registered
121 Posts
What's worse, is you get a grail (but not an American in this case) watch, but it was for USA shipping only (where I don't live) - so you had a friend buy it. And while I am in San Fran as I write this, I'm at the airport leaving and it is in Chicago so I won't be back to collect it until May(ish)...

...the pain...

Good luck with yours salleh.

·
Registered
15 Posts
tracking

I built a complete, separate sidewalk for my mailman to help him get to the box quicker. He appreciates it. Just got a Waltham WW, jewel series I think, a couple of days ago, crown worn but is a 9 jewel that runs like a champ. Case is a little worn but has a band. Will wear it tomorrow to see how it does in the real world.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
......OMG !!! Here it is Monday morning....the package got to Grand Rapids Saturday,...and thusly it's pretty much a "for sure" to be delivered today ......and that's the good part .....:w00t:

.....the bad part ? .....Since Monday, they are delivering all the stuff from the accumulation of packages and letters that piled up over the weekend .....it takes a lot longer to get the stuff ready in the morning......:crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

and Monday......sigh .....Mondays.......are, .......95% of the time......late by a good 2 or 3 hours.....we're talking 3 to 5 o'clock this afternoon .......:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

......I may hafta hold onto myself to keep from flying apart.....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
......We have cats on the farm here, ....and they could care less about the maillady ......

however .........the mailtruck is extremely easy to hear ....a very distinctive motor sound ......I can pretty much tell without even looking out the window that it has just driven away ......

if they ever tune it up ....I'm in trouble though......

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
Yeah nice try Rick. Package... what package.

Good luck Sally !

FJF

Sally,

Since you are just a short drive away my Michigan neigbbor, if it's a Illinois Consul I'll gladly drive for a proper visit! As I've declared February to be Consul month (AKA Consuluary), since this is a leap year I do need to locate one more for a proper rotation to cover that extra day. :lol:

Regards,

Rick

·
Registered
192 Posts
Sally,

Since you are just a short drive away my Michigan neigbbor, if it's a Illinois Consul I'll gladly drive for a proper visit! As I've declared February to be Consul month (AKA Consuluary), since this is a leap year I do need to locate one more for a proper rotation to cover that extra day. :lol:

Regards,

Rick
LOL very good Rick. Love the idea of Consul month. A Consulate can always use another good Consul in my view.

Thanks
FJF

·
Premium Member
2,689 Posts
LOL very good Rick. Love the idea of Consul month. A Consulate can always use another good Consul in my view.

Thanks
FJF

Somehow I thought you might concur. :lol: Over on the Hamilton forum it was suggested that I might might want to be examined for 24 hours... but I mentioned that I knew a lawyer who might understand my plight to represent me. :thumbup1: :lol: "Problem, what problem?"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts