WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
3,949 Posts
I love my Vortex. It did have to go back for service twice, but the took care of it within two days each time. They got a bad batch of batteries and had a problem with some clips. I got both of them, but it is perfect now, and ai could not be more impressed with the customer service. Well done Lum-Tec!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
375 Posts
Had to send mine in after only having it for a few months because it just stopped working but they fixed it immediately and got it back right away..

Noticed something odd the other day while staring at it for a couple of minutes.. the second only lands exactly on the Seconds Markers for about the first 30 seconds.. from 0 to about 29 seconds they line up but once it passes the 30 seconds mark, it's starts to go out of sync and tick in between the markers... but as it gets closer to the 12 again, it gets back in sync by the time it hits the 12 again..

Not sure what that means or why it's not in sync for the entire 60 seconds but it isn't...

Watch Light Analog watch Gauge Clock

· Registered
375 Posts
Asked them about the second hand being out of sync and got this explanation

"The alignment discrepancy you are referring to is the quartz gear backlash accumulation (phenomenon). Endemic to quartz movements. The watch/movement will perform accurately and to specifications, but there will likely be subtle shifting as the hand make its way during the 24hr cycle. This can not be adjusted to perfection as it is a characteristic of the movement. "

1 - 11 of 11 Posts