WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
I'd be interested in going Saturday. Anyone else willing to meet-up?

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Me and LouS made this into a bit of a watch crawl today. It was a nice, leisurely day and I learned about a few, out of the way watch spots that I would never have uncovered without Lou's help (thanks!). We have to do something like this on a bigger scale soon, maybe the next GTG.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yep. It was a good day for browsing. Ben from Hodinkee's got some beautiful watches at his stand - particularly the Breitlings - although the prices are not quite what the hardcore, take-no-prisoners vintage watch scroungers (you know who you are!) would be willing to pay. I agree we have to do an afternoon like this as a tribe - Tommy is hereby nominated to be Captain of the NYC Watch Crawl Event - date, time and itinerary to be determined.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Yep. It was a good day for browsing. Ben from Hodinkee's got some beautiful watches at his stand - particularly the Breitlings - although the prices are not quite what the hardcore, take-no-prisoners vintage watch scroungers (you know who you are!) would be willing to pay. I agree we have to do an afternoon like this as a tribe - Tommy is hereby nominated to be Captain of the NYC Watch Crawl Event - date, time and itinerary to be determined.
:blink::scared:

Ugggh, nothing like a little pressure, huh Lou?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I remember a Seamaster 120 in an unusual case, but not much else. Of course, I am no Omega connoisseur

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Did you guys see any Omegas? :T
I remember a Seamaster 120 in an unusual case, but not much else. Of course, I am no Omega connoisseur
Yea, that one was wacky, a Jedi or Skywalker case. My guess it was a Baby PloProf or something along that line. I also came across a mid 90s Constellation automatic (1109) that I swore would be a quartz before being informed otherwise. A nice piece, but not for the price they were asking. One spot Lou showed me had quite a few 50s and 60s era Omegas, including a very nice pie-pan Connie.

EDIT- Oh, and there was a sweet gold Constellation with matching armadillo bracelet. :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts