WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been slacking off, I'm sorry!

Recently I've come across some pretty cool watches, but I haven't been posting them since I was busy.
Well, now they're all going up in one fowl swoop! Hope you guys don't mind my sucky pictures :001_tt2:
I'm trying out a new camera, and yes I know it looks yellow. Thanks to a crap desk lamp.

First up, the Longines Price Paid - $35 (came in a lot)
I gathered that it's from around the 50's, it's white gold filled and the gold fill seems to be in very good shape. The dial is a cool black, which I haven't seen. The bezel is under the crystal, which is pretty neat. It runs well, the movement is a 17 jewel and very clean!

Next, a stainless steel Bulova automatic. Price Paid - 6$
This one's a cool one! No crown, but it works ok, you can wind it by moving it around, and right now it seems to be running.
The dial is cool! I didn't notice it until I bought it. It's kind of a faint hourglass shape, when you get it just right it looks amazing!

Next up, a Wittnauer '2000' calendar watch. Price Paid - 8$
This one caught my eye immediately! I haven't seen a complex watch like this in a while. It runs, but I'm not sure the date function is working all the way. It needs some TLC, the plastic crystal is cracked. But I think it should shape up nicely.

Next is another Bulova Automatic. 1960's like the one above but this one has some cool bezel work and is gold plated.
I didn't buy this one, I'm just looking it up for a friend. She paid 30$ for a lot of ladies watches and this one came along for the ride.
Again, it works, stunningly well actually. It's been a week and it's keeping **** good time.

Last are 2 'railroad' watches. Price Paid - 5$
Both probably from around the same time, one is a Bulova Accutron the other is a Citizen. They both have their original bands. I don't know if they work. I'll probably sell them together.

That's it for now! Of course, the usual stuff is always welcome. Info, prices, date are always handy!

Thanks for looking!:thumbup1:

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Nice pick-ups. I'm digging that Longines, and in my opinion this site is seriously lacking in vintage Wittnauers.:thumbup:

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!
Sadly, I don't think I'll be keeping most of them around. The Longines is nice....but I like being able to pay bills more :001_tt2:

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
Esrange said:
Thanks guys!
Sadly, I don't think I'll be keeping most of them around. The Longines is nice....but I like being able to pay bills more :001_tt2:
I'm always able to buy :thumbup: lol

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Keep an eye on Ebay, but I will post links to any auctions of watches. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts