WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across this seiko 5 sports watch with the original box and certificate purchased in thailand dated oct.10th 1969. both wath and certificate have matching numbers. the watch works date,time ect. but original watchband has one piece of the link missing on the band. i was just wondering what it might be worth? im thinking maybe little more value with box and certificate from thailand.. please help? thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
These Seiko 5's are actually quite popular & bring a good amount of coin

when there in all original decent condition, so if one has its OEM box and any paperworks, then they tend to sell for some extra money.

These usually are marked as 70m water proof, and these came in various case designations and a few caliber varieties. I would say yours looks to be in pretty good shape. On the caseback of your watch, there should be a series of numbers & letters that go 4 digits dash 4 digits: XXXX-XXXX this series of information tells you the movement caliber and then case designation or model.

A completed Ebay sales search will show you some of the recent sales of these and what they bring on average...

Cheers & goodluck, :thumbup1:
Jim

I came across this seiko 5 sports watch with the original box and certificate purchased in thailand dated oct.10th 1969. both wath and certificate have matching numbers. the watch works date,time ect. but original watchband has one piece of the link missing on the band. i was just wondering what it might be worth? im thinking maybe little more value with box and certificate from thailand.. please help? thank you

1 - 2 of 2 Posts