WATCH TALK FORUMS banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's one I'd love to see brought back in a modern stainless version:

Here's an original, with no engraving on the cover:

Unengraved covers are very hard to find today, these were heavily promoted as being ideal for monograms:

Actually all Flintridges are rare today. They were sold in 1930/1931, and as you can see they were very expensive for the Depression era. Only 562 were ultimately made in 14K yellow gold, and 447 in white gold.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
I have never seen this model! What a piece of candy this is! I agree Rene...I would love to see a modern verion of this model..It's almost a Piping Rock with numbers painted on the dial and a lid!.Thank you for sharing!:001_wub:

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
I like it a lot, especially the dial.

The flip open lid might draw some unwanted attention when you just want to glance at the time during one of those interminable mandatory staff meetings the only known reason for is to keep you from doing the work the deadline for is that afternoon.

·
Banned
5,824 Posts
Gosh, I hope the Lalo doesn't see this. Invicta might come out with a homage. . . in 50 mm proportions.:001_rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
My calculator says $1 in 1931 is in today's terms worth $12.73 - the Hammy would retail today for $2,164.10. But that's just a raw conversion, not taking into account the cost of anything else in producing a product. I'd guess it would be much more than 2k today...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts