WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have this beautiful Orient Automatic Calendar Day Date watch. But I am apprehensive about it having some amount of radium on the hands. The dial does not have any markings of ‘R’ or ‘T’ to indicate the nature of luminous material used. I am attaching a photograph of the dial with the markings at the bottom.. can someone throw some light on the matter?
Help..
Watch Light Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument
Watch Light Gauge Speedometer Measuring instrument

·
Super Moderator
16,452 Posts
Had you Googled ''radium watch dials'', you would have learned that production of radium-painted watches ceased in the mid-1960s. If your watch was made after that time, your fears are groundless.

·
Super Moderator
16,452 Posts
About the only way Tritium could be considered harmful is if you actually took the trouble to ingest the substance directly into the body (by either eating or inhaling it) ! You could live in a room for 25 years with literally 10,000 Ball watches covering the wallpaper and not be harmed. Except by relatives because you just spent 35 to 40 million dollars on Ball watches to decorate your room.... but that subject is best left for an entirely different thread.

Reactions: tonelar
1 - 8 of 8 Posts