WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got am Email from a kid, he wants to see his grandfather's watches, which include one Timex and one Omega

Here's the omega in question

I'm certainly interested! I don't think he knows anything about watches since he's grouping a Timex quartz with an Omega automatic.
Would an offer of 75$ be ok? I plan on flipping it for profit.

I think it's from the late 70's. Any info on it would be nice.
I don't know if it works and such.

·
Banned
28,405 Posts
That's a 366.0826 with a caliber 1022. It was made from 1972 to the late 70's I think. It looks like it needs quite a bit of cosmetic work and probably a service. These don't bring big bucks like some of the 60's Seamasters, and not even as much as the Seamaster Cosmics with the previous generation of movements like the 56x date and 75x day/date calibers. After the work is done, I don't know how much profit will be in it because they sell for $225 - $300 usually.

There was a matching lady's version - the 766.0804 with date only caliber 681.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm certainly interested! I don't think he knows anything about watches since he's grouping a Timex quartz with an Omega automatic.
Would an offer of 75$ be ok? I plan on flipping it for profit.
I guess comparing a Timex to high end watches is becoming common, to quote this sellers own words "The watch is good looking on the wrist similar to a Rolex.". :lol: The title of the auction was very creative "OLD TIMEX ATOMIC AGE DAY DATE WRIST WATCH RARE DIAL COMBINATION", I can imagine all the Rolex guys looking on with envy :001_tt2:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/290640873792?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_1413

1 - 4 of 4 Posts