WATCH TALK FORUMS banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and Omega Vintage watch. i have recently acquired a 1952 omega, bumper matic cal. 351 vintage. But i am not very sure if it is genuine. Or entirely genuine. I suspect some of its parts are genuine but some are not. My questions are:
1) which parts are not and is it worth it to change it back to an original?
2) is it advisable to use the watch as a daily watch?
3) how often should i service it?

Thank you all for helping me out. Please find the photos attached below DSC05494.jpg DSC05495.jpg DSC05496.jpg DSC05497.jpg DSC05498.jpg

·
Super Moderator
15,645 Posts
Welcome to Watch Talk Forums and thank you for trusting us for your information needs.

I have taken the liberty of sending a copy of this thread over to our Omega Forum. There is always the possibility that someone who has the answers you seek may visit that forum more often than he would this one. So please visit The Omega Forum as well as this one to see if you get your answers.

Be prepared to submit more photographs ( such as the movement, the inside of the case back, etc.)
I am not familiar enough with Omegas to answer your first question. However as to the other two...

#2 If your Seamaster is cleaned and oiled by a professional watch repairman I see no reason why you can't wear your watch on a regular or even a daily basis! I have a 1967 Seamaster DeVille that I wear quite regularly!

#3 Almost every one of us has our watches serviced every five (5) years

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to Watch Talk Forums and thank you for trusting us for your information needs.

I have taken the liberty of sending a copy of this thread over to our Omega Forum. There is always the possibility that someone who has the answers you seek may visit that forum more often than he would this one. So please visit The Omega Forum as well as this one to see if you get your answers.

Be prepared to submit more photographs ( such as the movement, the inside of the case back, etc.)
I am not familiar enough with Omegas to answer your first question. However as to the other two...

#2 If your Seamaster is cleaned and oiled by a professional watch repairman I see no reason why you can't wear your watch on a regular or even a daily basis! I have a 1967 Seamaster DeVille that I wear quite regularly!

#3 Almost every one of us has our watches serviced every five (5) years

Thanks CometHunter. Where can i go to view the copy of this post?

I like the 60's Seamaster Deville too. But its hard to come across one.

Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts